How to Change Maximum Number of Items in Jump Lists in Windows 10
Jump Lists are lists of app specific tasks or items you can quickly open or get to for every day usage. Jump Lists can include recently opened items, frequently opened items, tasks, or websites, in addition to any items that you've pinned. You'll always see the same items in the Jump List for a program, regardless of whether you view the list on the Start menu, taskbar, or File Explorer.
By default, Windows 10 will display up to a maximum of eleven items in an app's jump list.
This tutorial will show you how to change the maximum number of items that can display in jump lists for your account in Windows 10.
EXAMPLE: Maximum Number of Items in Jump Lists
I tested with a maximum of 30 jump list items, and get a scroll bar to be able to see them all.
1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.
2. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
3. Browse to the key below in Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
4. In the right pane of the Advanced key, double click/tap on the JumpListItems_Maximum DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot above)
If you don't have the JumpListItems_Maximum DWORD (not there by default), then right click or press and hold on an empty area in the right pane of the Advanced key, click/tap on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value, type JumpListItems_Maximum, and press Enter.
5. Select (dot) Decimal, and type a number (11 or higher) for the maximum items you want in your jump lists, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
6. Close Registry Editor.
7. Restart explorer, or sign out and sign in to apply.