Microsoft Click To Run - disable

1. Posts : 175
    Windows 10 Home ver 2004

Microsoft Click To Run - disable

I've tried searching for an answer but was not sure.

I've got Microsoft Click To Run (SxS) running in Task manager. I have Office 2016 on my PC which I got thru HUP via my workplace.

My PC is quite old & has only 4G ram. Its pretty slow these days so I was looking to see what I could disable /delete and I noticed 'Click to run'.

Do I need 'Microsoft Click To Run (SxS)' running?
    If not how do I disable/delete?
      My Computer

2. Posts : 2,075
    Windows 10 Pro

Yes...you need it. As it part of the new way MS Office handles installations and updates.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-about-related

You can disable if you want to, to see if you have any ill effects. Just right click the taskbar and select task manager and then select the startup tab. From there scroll down till you see click to run and then select disable.

Note: I have Office 2016 Pro Plus and have mine enabled and don't have any issues. I'm on an older system with DDR2 RAM w/8GB and have no issues.
      My Computer

3. Posts : 175
    Windows 10 Home ver 2004

Plankton said:

You can disable if you want to, to see if you have any ill effects. Just right click the taskbar and select task manager and then select the startup tab. From there scroll down till you see click to run and then select disable.

Microsoft Click To Run does not appear in my Startup tab in Task Manager?

How would I disable it?
      My Computer

4. Posts : 2,075
    Windows 10 Pro

Try this....

• Click Start and go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Administrative Tools and go to Services (Alternatively type “services.msc” without quotes in search box in Start menu)
    • In Services window find Microsoft Office ClickToRun service, Right click it, select Properties
    • In General tabfind Startup Type, Pull down menu, select Disable. Click Okay and restart your computer.
      My Computer