Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       30 Jul 2015 #1

    How To Disable Tap-to-Click on Windows 10


    I recently updated/upgraded my Windows 8 laptop to Windows 10 operating system. I would like to know how to disable the tap-to-click touch-pad feature in Windows 10. It was easy to do on 8, but after searching through the settings on 10 I am unable to locate that setting. Thank you.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       02 Aug 2015 #2

    I thought I would update you on this. After playing with the settings on Windows 10, I have located the setting to turn off the tap-to-click setting. Follow these steps:

    On the right side of the bottom taskbar click on the NOTIFICATIONS icon, then click on ALL SETTINGS. Click on PERSONALIZATION, then THEMES. The last option under RELATED SETTINGS is MOUSE POINTER SETTINGS, select it. Then click on the last tab called DEVICE SETTINGS and again on SETTINGS. A new window will open up with the mouse pointer options. Uncheck TAPPING and you're all done. Hope this helps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 1
    windows 10
       03 Aug 2015 #3

    No "Tapping" around here


    honshad07 said: View Post
    I thought I would update you on this. After playing with the settings on Windows 10, I have located the setting to turn off the tap-to-click setting. Follow these steps:

    On the right side of the bottom taskbar click on the NOTIFICATIONS icon, then click on ALL SETTINGS. Click on PERSONALIZATION, then THEMES. The last option under RELATED SETTINGS is MOUSE POINTER SETTINGS, select it. Then click on the last tab called DEVICE SETTINGS and again on SETTINGS. A new window will open up with the mouse pointer options. Uncheck TAPPING and you're all done. Hope this helps.

    There's no Tapping box to check. Seriously stupidest idea ever to accept a light touch as a click.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       16 Aug 2015 #4

    honshad07 said: View Post
    I thought I would update you on this. After playing with the settings on Windows 10, I have located the setting to turn off the tap-to-click setting. Follow these steps:

    On the right side of the bottom taskbar click on the NOTIFICATIONS icon, then click on ALL SETTINGS. Click on PERSONALIZATION, then THEMES. The last option under RELATED SETTINGS is MOUSE POINTER SETTINGS, select it. Then click on the last tab called DEVICE SETTINGS and again on SETTINGS. A new window will open up with the mouse pointer options. Uncheck TAPPING and you're all done. Hope this helps.
    I was able to follow your scenario as far as "Mouse Pointer Settings".
    Then the last tab is "Hardware" rather than "Device Settings". I tried hardware tab - no "settings" so double clicked on "Properties". I found lots of stuff under ASUS Touchpad Properties, details tab, Property Device Description downarrow. Unfortunately nothing looked like a way to disable tapping. Any sage advice? Perhaps Win10 was updated after you tested? I just installed Win10 this afternoon. Thanks for your help. I too hate tap-clicking. - Rich K
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows10
       18 Aug 2015 #5

    I solved it! honshad07's instructions are correct to 'mouse pointer settings', from here the last tab seems to now be named 'Elan device' Go here and click 'options', under 'tapping' there is an option to disable tap to click. Hallelujah!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    18 Aug 2015 #6

    DissLocated said: View Post
    I solved it! honshad07's instructions are correct to 'mouse pointer settings', from here the last tab seems to now be named 'Elan device' Go here and click 'options', under 'tapping' there is an option to disable tap to click. Hallelujah!
    The name of last tab (and what is in it) depends on the manufacturer of the driver.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       25 Aug 2015 #7

    I've turned off Tap To Click like a dozen times. Every time I reset my computer I have to turn it off again. So far my opinion of Win. 10 is low.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       25 Aug 2015 #8

    DissLocated said: View Post
    I solved it! honshad07's instructions are correct to 'mouse pointer settings', from here the last tab seems to now be named 'Elan device' Go here and click 'options', under 'tapping' there is an option to disable tap to click. Hallelujah!
    I'm glad you found a solution. Apparently ASUS is behind on this. Their Elan driver still has no way to disable tap clicking. I will contact ASUS and see if there is any joy to be had there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       27 Aug 2015 #9

    RichK said: View Post
    I'm glad you found a solution. Apparently ASUS is behind on this. Their Elan driver still has no way to disable tap clicking. I will contact ASUS and see if there is any joy to be had there.
    As a work-around, just max out the speed on the double-click option, so at least you'll have fewer accidental tap-to-click until Asus gets it together.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2
    windows 10
       08 Sep 2015 #10

    TLROP said: View Post
    I've turned off Tap To Click like a dozen times. Every time I reset my computer I have to turn it off again. So far my opinion of Win. 10 is low.
    I was having the same problem and have solved it. My pc is an HP. I went to their website and downloaded and installed a new touch pad driver and now the disable feature is working properly.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Right click on desktop or files not working
Looking for solution about my Right Click which suddenly not working anymore...
General Support
Solved Can't right-click programs in taskbar to pin/unpin, etc.
In 7 I could right-click open programs in the taskbar to pin or unpin them. Since I use a "Quick Launch" toolbar instead of pinned items, I wanted to get rid of the pinned Edge, Explorer, and Store icons, but right-clicking them did nothing. I can...
General Support
Windows 10 settings-click and nothing happens
Any to fix this? I click on settings and nothing happens
General Support
Click here to enter your most recent credential
I'm getting "Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you to sign in again." I click, but nothing happens except that my desktop comes up. Anyone else seeing this?
User Accounts and Family Safety
Start Orb Right Click inactive?
Hi I just found that my right click menu from the start icon doesn't do anything. It was working earlier, but now it's not. I can start the stuff from the all apps menu. Anyone know what is going on? I keep messing around with it, don't...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums