Windows 10: As 2015 comes to a close, Windows 10 surpasses 200 million installs

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 29,435
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17672
       29 Dec 2015 #1

    As 2015 comes to a close, Windows 10 surpasses 200 million installs


    Microsoft announced back in October that Windows 10 had surpassed 110 million installations worldwide, which for October was an impressive achievement. But that was over 3 months ago, and since 2015 is coming to a close, we thought now was probably a good time to check in on that install count. Last time I checked, 120 million was the number.

    According to my contacts, Windows 10 has now been installed on over 200 million devices worldwide...


    Read more: As 2015 comes to a close, Windows 10 surpasses 200 million installs WinBeta


    See also: Windows 10 Now Active on over 200 Million Devices | Windows Experience Blog
    Last edited by Brink; 04 Jan 2016 at 12:46.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,630
    Windows 10x64 Home Version 1803 (Build 17134) .81
       29 Dec 2015 #1

    Wow have read the whole thread and that is very good.
    40 million a month hope they keep it up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    29 Dec 2015 #2

    hTconeM9user said: View Post
    Wow have read the whole thread and that is very good.
    40 million a month hope they keep it up.
    Well .. I DON'T! Because ... they're getting there by tricking Win7 and Win8 folks into applying an Upgrade they do not want.

    The Win7 forums and OEM forums are chock full of folks complaining about HOW to get rid of Win10 and go back to their older OS -- because they did what they thought was a routine update only to have their machine upgraded to Win10.

    This is reprehensible conduct by MS -- and I don't care if millions of folks like Win10, this is STILL reprehensible conduct.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 29,435
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17672
    Thread Starter
       29 Dec 2015 #3

    Mark Phelps said: View Post
    Well .. I DON'T! Because ... they're getting there by tricking Win7 and Win8 folks into applying an Upgrade they do not want.

    The Win7 forums and OEM forums are chock full of folks complaining about HOW to get rid of Win10 and go back to their older OS -- because they did what they thought was a routine update only to have their machine upgraded to Win10.

    This is reprehensible conduct by MS -- and I don't care if millions of folks like Win10, this is STILL reprehensible conduct.

    I'm not sure how MS is at fault, when if the user read what the update was for, it clearly states "Upgrade to Windows 10".

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...s-7-8-1-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2,630
    Windows 10x64 Home Version 1803 (Build 17134) .81
       29 Dec 2015 #4

    Brink said: View Post
    I'm not sure how MS is at fault, when if the user read what the update was for, it clearly states "Upgrade to Windows 10".

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...s-7-8-1-a.html
    Brink you are correct they don't have to but some ignore that and then blame Microsoft, on every system I have put it on.
    That message has always come up
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 234
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista
       29 Dec 2015 #5

    200 million is an impressive number, but still doesn't come close to Windows 7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Dec 2015 #6

    Bout a million of those were done by me!!!
    (Feels like it, anyway!)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 19,859
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       29 Dec 2015 #7

    Edwin said: View Post
    Bout a million of those were done by me!!!
    (Feels like it, anyway!)
    Hahahahahaha! At least, Edwin! At least.

    Seems like I've done at least 100,000 myself. :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    29 Dec 2015 #8

    Some say that Microsoft tricked a lot of users into 10. But it is not their fault if many people do not pay attention.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 475
    Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Edition
       29 Dec 2015 #9

    Brink said: View Post
    I'm not sure how MS is at fault, when if the user read what the update was for, it clearly states "Upgrade to Windows 10".

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...s-7-8-1-a.html
    Hmmm Brink, you know there are TONS of people that don't really watch what they're clicking. Microsoft is definitely taking advantage of that. Truth is, objectively, Windows 10 is a luke-warm success. Mobile Devices are where it's at, and Microsoft just isn't there like it should have been. I prefer Windows based PCs myself, but I say that understanding I'm in the ever increasing minority. A lot of the new user base is there because of a free upgrade, some curiosity, and for no other reason. XP was a real success. Windows 95 was a blockbuster success, and I'd say Windows 7 is top of mind for most (er, that's when Windows is still top of mind).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Source: Windows 10 Now on 75 Million Devices | Blogging Windows
    http://www.neowin.net/news/after-53-million-installs-windows-10-takes-495-of-the-market?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter quite a good start :)
    http://www.neowin.net/images/uploaded/2015/01/2_img_8942_story.jpg More
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16.
    Find Us