ms office 365 questions..

1. Posts : 48
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045 Build 19045

ms office 365 questions..

hi, i sit with the product in image for my wifes business.
    we've had it for quite some time and the girls use it for word, excel and powerpoint - but i know i under-utilize it and need info on unlocking more of its features.
    • my 1st question has to do with privacy. i want to create 'spaces' for each person, say 5 people, in order to store their data [docx, xlsx etc] on onedrive which is private and only accessible to the admin [myself] and whoever has permission.
    • further i want the separate users NOT to have access to the main account, i.e. they must be able to access the different apps but not be able to go to the main account holder which is yours truly.

there are more questions but if we can get the above sorted it will be a good start.
    thanking you guys in anticipation!
    regards
    gabriel
    ms office 365 questions..-winword_vwsl6lq4ys.jpg
      My Computer

2. Posts : 17,040
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170

You make your user account an Admin one. You make each of theirs a standard one.
    It can be worthwhile creating the accounts as local ones so you can give useful names to them [which will give useful names to their folders within C:\Users & hence avoid confusion in the future].
    Then convert the local user accounts to MSAccounts.
    Switch to Microsoft Account - TenForumsTutorials
    Each of their OneDrives will be separate, as you wanted.
    Similarly, they will not have access to each other's C:\Users folders on the computer itself and you would have to use your Admin status if you had to go in to fix anything.
    I do not know if an Admin can somehow get into a user's OneDrive area. I've never seen anybody mention that point before.

Personally, I would also create a spare, local, password-protected Admin account as a precaution against the normal Admin account ever getting corrupted.
    my ditty - Create two spare local, password-protected Admin accounts [post #2] in Windows 10, 11 - TenForums
    I would leave that account as a local one whatever I was doing with the others.

All the best,
    Denis
      My Computer

3. Posts : 48
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19045 Build 19045

thanks a lot denis! you are right, "I do not know if an Admin can somehow get into a user's OneDrive area. I've never seen anybody mention that point before." - I believe that space is not accessible by a 3rd party, access will have to be managed by virtue of them being employees - contractual thus.
    let me get to work and i'll keep you posted
    regards
    gabriel

- - - Updated - - -

hi denis, after creating a user account as in What is a Microsoft 365 admin? - YouTube i can sign in but as soon as i want to use the app outlook this is what i get ... img
    now i do not want to buy another licence, how now?
    ms office 365 questions..-anydesk_uvru37kmre.jpg
      My Computer

4. Posts : 17,040
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170

gabriel,

There's a reference to assigning licences in Download and install or reinstall Office - MSSupport
    MSSupport said:
    If this is the first time you're installing Microsoft 365, you may have to complete a set of pre-installation steps first or you may need to follow different steps than what's contained below. What you do depends if your copy of Microsoft 365 is an Office for home or an Office for business product and whether or not you have a product key you have to redeem, an existing account associated with Microsoft 365, or a pre-assigned license.
    that takes you round the houses
    through
    Office for home and Office for business plans
    then to
    Set up Microsoft 365 Apps for business
    which explains the procedure to "Add users and assign licenses".

I hope its explanation makes sense. It certainly seems to be what you need to do.
    I don't use any form of Office365 so I have never had to go through any similar procedure.

Best of luck,
    Denis
      My Computer