Office 365 questions

1. Posts : 63
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit x64

Office 365 questions

I have not tried office 365 before, I read about it but I still have some questions.

Q1. What happens if you no longer subscribe to office 365 or lose the password, will you lose past your documents that you created using office 365?

Q2. Does office 365 allow you to save documents into your own computer?

Q3. I assume office 365 is very similar (or a little more extra features since it is always updated) to office 2019 since office 2019 is the latest one time payment version now, and office 365 works just like office 2019?

Q4. Can anyone else see my documents created with office 365 or delete it? I heard there is some admin that can see other office 365 documents, how do I know if someone else is looking/accessing my data?

Q5. Can I set office 365 to never save in onedrive/cloud and only save documents to my pc?

Q6. I read that office 365 does not require internet and can work offline but need to go online every 30 days to maintain your subscription, does it mean assuming if I do not have internet for 100 days, on the 30th day my office 365 would stop working even though my subscription has not ended?

Thanks
      My Computer

Windows 10 Pro

comcom said:
    I have not tried office 365 before, I read about it but I still have some questions.

Q1. What happens if you no longer subscribe to office 365 or lose the password, will you lose past your documents that you created using office 365?

Providing you save them "locally", and not in cloud storage which requires password access

Of course

Q3. I assume office 365 is very similar (or a little more extra features since it is always updated) to office 2019 since office 2019 is the latest one time payment version now, and office 365 works just like office 2019?

Yes

Q4. Can anyone else see my documents created with office 365 or delete it? I heard there is some admin that can see other office 365 documents, how do I know if someone else is looking/accessing my data?

That security is like any and every other software - depends on your settings for the program and your system

Q5. Can I set office 365 to never save in onedrive/cloud and only save documents to my pc?

Yes, provided you don't (re)locate your user folders in OneDrive folder. You can always change the default location of the OneDrive folder

Q6. I read that office 365 does not require internet and can work offline but need to go online every 30 days to maintain your subscription, does it mean assuming if I do not have internet for 100 days, on the 30th day my office 365 would stop working even though my subscription has not ended?

Don't know, never been there.

Thanks
    My responses to your questions are in blue, above.
      My Computer

Windows 10 Pro

comcom said:
    Once installed, you don't have to provide any office365 password to use your products. If the subscription ends, your products go into Read-Only mode. You do not lose any of your documents, they aren't crippled in any way.

comcom said:
    Yes, the defaults are to store in OneDrive, but you can save them anyplace you want.

comcom said:
    Yes, it works the same. You can just install it onto more computers, and share with friends, family, etc.

comcom said:
    The concern here is what "could" Microsoft see if you stored your files in OneDrive. This is the same concern that you could have with any of the cloud providers. Theoretically, unless you encrypt your documents on their platform they could be accessed via backend channels.

comcom said:
    Yes, you can change the default save location in each app.

comcom said:
    I've never been without Internet for a long period of time. I would guess that your app could go into Read-only mode, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
      My Computers