Purchase Ms Office 2016 Professional

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1. Posts : 2,068
    Windows 10 Pro

Yeah, I am a fan of 365. I get 6TB of one drive space, and I get office installed on any device I want for just $99 a year. 2TB of icloud is $120 a year and comes with no MS office.

I also share my subscription with my dad. Helps us spread out that yearly cost.

I think a lot of people think that you can only stream the applications via the Internet, that you must save your files to OneDrive and if you don't renew all of your files are gone. None of these is true.
      My Computers

2. Posts : 5,899
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 22H2

pparks1 said:
    I think a lot of people think that you can only stream the applications via the Internet, that you must save your files to OneDrive and if you don't renew all of your files are gone. None of these is true.
    This is why it pays to research instead of listening to all the FUD about O-365.
      My Computers

3. Posts : 7,939
    Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

You could find cheap Office key from various suppliers on eBay / Amazon. I have a couple of these still working after 2 years.
      My Computers

4. Posts : 11,246
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux

Hi folks
    Look around for some of the offers for Office 2019 you might see on Amazon etc -- there's some really good deals available at times.

Like @Steve C has I've also got 3 licenses -- and all still working and updated regularly via Windows / Office update.

In case of scams etc -- always pay with a Credit Card rather than a debit card -- in most (at least Western) jurisdictions a Credit Card purchase is guaranteed while a debit card one depends on the Bank and Consumer laws where you are.

With a Credit card if the goods don't work / service paid for not obtained etc the Credit Card issuers / Bank is responsible (by Law) to refund your money - so you don't have to hassle with the supplier -- that's the Credit Card / Bank's problem not yours !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

5. Posts : 750
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bits

Berton said:
    I have Office 2013 on my Desktop [app versions 15] and Office 2010 on a Notebook [app versions 14] but no longer use Outlook on them. I don't have need of all the features of Office so use the free LibreOffice on all machines.
    Same here....

I had one system with Office 2010 that LibreOffice replaced. The others with Office 2013 heading in that direction, as soon as the support ends.

My main issue with O-365 is the cloud-based service, that I have no need for. One cloud-based service from MS, W10, is more than enough...
      My Computer

6. Posts : 11,246
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux

Hi folks

The problem with all these "free Office suites" is they don't have an email client --also if you are a reasonably good Power User of EXCEL - none of these "freebies" ever does a remotely passable job of replicating Ms EXCEL -especially if you have things like Macros and dynamic web queries in your worksheets -- although some do the basic job --probably good enough for a lot of users.

For email clients OUTLOOK still IMO is far better than most --even Thunderbird - especially if you have several accounts, use Exchange servers on some and have different inbound/outbound servers with different user names and passwords and use IMAP servers as well.

In spite of the fact that Outlook seems to make it harder and harder to use anything other than "pre-canned" servers like gmail etc you can still manually set it up so currently I can't think of anything comparable to OUTLOOK in the Office Pro suite for email.

Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

7. T J
    10 Home 64-bit 21H2

Microsoft website has Microsoft Office Home & Business 2019 for $249.99. It has 2019 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Licensed for home and commercial use.

Microsoft website has Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 for $149.99. It has 2019 versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Licensed for home use.

I purchased MS Office 2000 SBE (small business) for a 2000 Dell desktop. Purchased new 2012 Dell which came with FREE MS Office Starter 2010. Both Dells still in use.
    Last edited by T J; 02 Oct 2020 at 14:50.
      My Computers

8. Posts : 5,899
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 22H2

anaron said:
    sygnus21 - If you still have the license key you could download the installer and use the old key.
    He previously had office 2010 that came preinstalled on his computer. He has no software or product keys for whatever reason.
    I just saw Bree's post and as he explains, if said key is OEM, then suggestion wouldn't apply.
      My Computers

9. Posts : 5,899
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 22H2

Cr00zng said:
    Same here....

I had one system with Office 2010 that LibreOffice replaced. The others with Office 2013 heading in that direction, as soon as the support ends.

My main issue with O-365 is the cloud-based service, that I have no need for. One cloud-based service from MS, W10, is more than enough...
    If it's not for you, it's not for you. Others aren't you. "I've" never had a desire to use LibreOffice; but than I've been using Microsoft Office since 1997. Currently using Office 365 and and still haven't thought about LibreOffice....

Purchase Ms Office 2016 Professional-office-use.png

As you see above the Excel spreadsheet was created in 1997 (my intro to using Office) and has withstood a myriad of Office Upgrades without issue. The spreadsheet is now operating under Office 365

Anyway, I'm also confused by this statement "One cloud-based service from MS, W10, is more than enough...". Assuming you mean OneDrive or the MS account, Office 365 also uses them, so....
      My Computers

10. Posts : 20
    Windows 10 Home

If you don't need "Professional", here's an option:

Microsoft Office 2019 Home and Student MyChoiceSoftware.com
      My Computer