Unlimited Office Professional Plus 2016 for 4$?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 141
    Windows 10 64-bit
       #1

    Unlimited Office Professional Plus 2016 for 4$?


    I saw a seller on eBay who sells this software saying it's uninstalled from scrap PC's, and sold for about 4$, what do you think? Is it legit? Should I give it a try?
    eBay link:
    **REMOVED**
    Last edited by Brink; 01 Aug 2017 at 17:26. Reason: removed link
      My Computer

  2. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,341
    Windows10
       #2

    mibaup said:
    I saw a seller on eBay who sells this software saying it's uninstalled from scrap PC's, and sold for about 4$, what do you think? Is it legit? Should I give it a try?
    eBay link:

    Definitely a scam and it is bullshit about legally selling OEM licences in EU. Only Germany allows some latitude in that area, and even then it does not apply all the time.

    Of course at the price, you are hardly taking a bit risk but do not be surprised if it does not work or MS detect a dodgy licence and block it.
    Last edited by Brink; 01 Aug 2017 at 17:27. Reason: removed link
      My Computer

  3. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
       #3

    cereberus said:
    Definitely a scam and it is bullshit about legally selling OEM licences in EU. Only Germany allows some latitude in that area, and even then it does not apply all the time.

    Of course at the price, you are hardly taking a bit risk but do not be surprised if it does not work or MS detect a dodgy licence and block it.
    Agreed.. the key is deeply embedded in O2016... impossible to transfer - they are selling the installation key.
      My Computer

  4. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,341
    Windows10
       #4

    Superfly said:
    Agreed.. the key is deeply embedded in O2016... impossible to transfer - they are selling the installation key.
    Hi C,

    Not sure what you mean by this?

    cheers

    M.
      My Computer

  5. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
       #5

    cereberus said:
    Hi C,

    Not sure what you mean by this?

    cheers

    M.
    What I mean M, is that with the latest iteration of Office the key can't be retrieved from a scrapped PC.
      My Computer

  6. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,341
    Windows10
       #6

    Superfly said:
    What I mean M, is that with the latest iteration of Office the key can't be retrieved from a scrapped PC.
    I get that - not sure what you meant by installation key?
      My Computer


  7. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
       #7

    It's semantics but all MS registered products require a key for installation - during installation it uses a default if another is not specified.

    Unlimited Office Professional Plus 2016 for 4$?-capture.png
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 141
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Thanks,
    Btw, he says he is also sending the broken motherboard from which the OEM key was taken, so perhaps then it's legal?
      My Computer

  9. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,272
       #9

    mibaup said:
    Thanks,
    Btw, he says he is also sending the broken motherboard from which the OEM key was taken, so perhaps then it's legal?
    I'm not sure what the MB or OEM key has to do with an Office key? but when you get the key check what type it is... MAK, GVLK or Retail...
      My Computer

  10. pparks1's Avatar
    Posts : 1,220
    Windows 10 Pro
       #10

    Be willing to accept that your software may work for awhile and will then potentially stop working.

    Instead, I recommend Office 365. Either $69 or $99 a year and you get 1TB or 5TB of cloud storage space with it.
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums