How do I remove "Recipient Cache" from Contacts searches?

1. Posts : 390
    Window 10

How do I remove "Recipient Cache" from Contacts searches?

Hello

When I am searching my Contacts, how do I remove the Recipient Cache? ....FOREVER!

I do NOT want to see my Recipient Cache. Not EVER.

But I DO want AutoComplete to work when I am typing in my email addresses for emails.

Please help! Because I feel like I have tried EVERYTHING.

J

PS I am using:
    - Windows 10 x64 "Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388) - all the latest patches
    - Ms Office 365 "Version 2006 (Build 13.001.20384 Click-to-Run)

EDIT:
    I have just runs some updates and I am now using:
    - Windows 10 x64 "Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.423) - all the latest patches
    - Ms Office 365 "Version 2007 (Build 13.029.20308 Click-to-Run)"
    Last edited by ship69; 08 Aug 2020 at 11:40.
      My Computers

2. Posts : 14,136
    Win10 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro and Home, Win7, Linux Mint

Hate to say it but most times autocomplete functions rely upon a cache for storing information they need to work with.
    Last edited by Berton; 09 Aug 2020 at 17:15.
      My Computers

3. Posts : 390
    Window 10

Berton said:
    Hate to say it but most times autocomplete functions rely upon a cache for storing information they need to work with.
    Yes, I am aware of that.

I just don't want to SEE the stupid thing clogging up my search results. (Which I find deeply irritating. Why must Microsoft over-complicate everything. And why must it self-evidently fail to do usability trials on what it has done.)

e.g. I have tried super-hard to create views that filter-out all the Recipient Cache garbage, but nothing I can do makes those views filter out the unwanted Recipient Cache.

Outlook is truly awful.

J
      My Computers

4. Posts : 390
    Window 10

This is hopeless.

Okay I have now used MFCMape.exe to DELETE the Recipient Caceh by brute force.
    Let's hope I never see the damned thing ever again!

[Aside: Why does Microsoft always like to over-complicate everything. Much though I hate Apple (for completely different reasons), Apple are very good at focusing on the User Experience and minimalism. LEARN FROM THEM!]

J
      My Computers

5. Posts : 143
    Win 10

Where exactly are you seeing this because its not something I'm getting?
      My Computer