Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10

1. Posts : 4
    Windows 10

Blackberry Link not working with Windows 10

I have purchased a laptop with Windows 10, installed Office 2003 (too old to learn a new package and too mean to pay a yearly fee for MS Office 365), removed Office 365. Outlook 2003 working well. Imported Contacts via a .pst file. I am trying to use Blackberry Link to transfer calendar etc to Outlook 2003 on my new Windows 10 computer. Have installed and reinstalled the software twice, it is a bit slow compared to how it worked on Windows 7, but eventually, it links up and appears to do exactly what I have been doing for many years on my old laptop, ie synchronising contacts and calendar. But nothing happens. Calendar not brought across and amendment to a contact not updated on the laptop. Does anyone know if Blackberry Link works with Windows 10 please?
      My Computer

2. Posts : 9,780
    Mac OS Catalina

See this:

• BlackBerry Link (formerly BlackBerry Desktop Software) is used to sync media and back up/restore device data between BlackBerry Playbook tablets or BlackBerry 10 smartphones and a computer. BlackBerry PlayBook tablets and BlackBerry 10 smartphones are the only devices compatible with the app, with the exception of recognizing devices running BlackBerry device software 5.x to 7.x for the initial transfer of data to your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    • Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 are not supported.
      My Computer

3. Posts : 4
    Windows 10

Thank you for your advice. I have a Blackberry Classic not 10 but I think the bottom line you are telling me is that on Windows 10 and Outlook 2003, Blackberry Link does not work and is unlikely to do so. Pity! If I can't synchronise the two, then I either stay with my old laptop on Windows 7 until it gives up the ghost or get a new Android smartphone and abandon the convenience of synchronising the two. Nothing is simple these days is it?
      My Computer

4. Posts : 9,780
    Mac OS Catalina

I am not telling you, RIM and Microsoft are stating as I posted that IS fact.
      My Computer

5. Posts : 4
    Windows 10

Thank you Bro67 for your help. Spent some time looking an new mobile phones this afternoon - looks as though yet another Blackberry user will be no more.
      My Computer

6. Posts : 9,780
    Mac OS Catalina

I have been using a iphone for over six years. I use Exchange for email and calendar with the Outlook app. I have not had any issues. Android phones have had issues with not playing music through Bluetooth. It has turned into exclusive Apple for what I use, since I can seamlessly move between devices.
      My Computer

7. Posts : 9,780
    Mac OS Catalina

How to Transfer Contacts from BlackBerry to Android Phone
    Transfer contacts from any BlackBerry to any iPhone - Macworld UK

Howardforums.com is a good resource. Android issues, Google’s forums are a good resource.
      My Computer

8. Posts : 4
    Windows 10

Thank you very much indeed for that advice. I have noted it down and when I have the courage to tackle the problem, I will look very closely at your recommendations. Not keen on Iphones but will look again at them.
      My Computer