Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16226 for PC Insider

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
  1.    27 Jun 2017 #510

    Wow, what contortions I had to go thru to install .NET 3.5 !!! Finally had to resort to using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Offline Installer.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,186
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       27 Jun 2017 #511

    CountMike said: View Post
    Wow, what contortions I had to go thru to install .NET 3.5 !!! Finally had to resort to using Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Offline Installer.
    Glad you got it, but did you try the Safe Boot trick Waltc posted? Worked perfectly here. Just curious.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    27 Jun 2017 #512

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Glad you got it, but did you try the Safe Boot trick Waltc posted? Worked perfectly here. Just curious.
    Yes I did it in safe mode but still had to use that program. Although internet was working in safe mode (wired connection) update wouldn't recognize it saying it's not connected. Luckily I had W10 installation on a USB stick so just pointed it to Sources/sxs folder on it and than it installed.
    Incidentally, F8 didn't work for safe mode as it did before.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    27 Jun 2017 #513

    CountMike said: View Post
    Yes I did it in safe mode but still had to use that program. Although internet was working in safe mode (wired connection) update wouldn't recognize it saying it's not connected. Luckily I had W10 installation on a USB stick so just pointed it to Sources/sxs folder on it and than it installed.
    Incidentally, F8 didn't work for safe mode as it did before.

    This works for me to get into Safe Mode:

    Hold shift key while clicking on restart
    Click on Troubleshoot
    Click on Advanced Options
    Click on Startup Settings
    Click on Restart
    Take your pick, type the number 5 for Safe Mode with Networking
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    27 Jun 2017 #514

    Strange as mine updated fine with .NET 3.5 installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    27 Jun 2017 #515

    linw said: View Post
    Strange as mine updated fine with .NET 3.5 installed.
    Programs and Features - Turn windows features on/off and all went well - anxious to see what happens with next build - update issues or not?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,538
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       27 Jun 2017 #516

    Sorry. Misunderstood the question. Seemed like there was a discussion about upgrading to build 16226 using an ISO. It would be helpful, perhaps, if one could mark a question as being answered so people can't inadvertently continue on a closed thread.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,168
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       27 Jun 2017 #517

    martyfelker said: View Post
    Sorry. Misunderstood the question. Seemed like there was a discussion about upgrading to build 16226 using an ISO. It would be helpful, perhaps, if one could mark a question as being answered so people can't inadvertently continue on a closed thread.
    Sorry, Marty, but I gotta say it . . . There are just too many variables to questions in these forums. What if someone misinterprets the question (as you did) and gives the wrong answer (not that your answer was wrong; it was just the wrong answer for the question asked).

    I don't think I need to add any more "variables" for you to understand where I'm going with this. I think TC's question is just about as good as could be asked; he quoted the person wanting an answer.

    And yep, I've found myself in your position more times that I care to admit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 14,776
    Windows 10 Pro
       27 Jun 2017 #518

    Wynona said: View Post
    There are just too many variables to questions in these forums. What if someone misinterprets the question (as you did) and gives the wrong answer (not that your answer was wrong; it was just the wrong answer for the question asked).
    Can't even count how many times it has happened to me, replying to wrong issue or even to wrong post. It just highlights the importance of quoting the OP, to show that I am replying to this question, comment or statement in that post.

    BTW quoting, I hope you fellow geeks do not take this in a wrong way: When you quote long posts, especially a post with several screnshots, please edit the quote. It is quite annoying to scroll through extremely long quotes when the actual one sentence reply then shows that it was just a few words or a sentence in original post a member replies to.

    Go through everything between [QUOTE] and [/QUOTE], remove screenshots and unnecessary paragraphs. Although certainly not a good example but please compare the above quote of Wynona's post to her original post; I only left the part which I am directly replying to.

    On another topic, can some of you more educated and civilized members please tell me how much / how many is %s? I am referring to this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017_06_27_22_54_421.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	141453

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,168
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       27 Jun 2017 #519

    Kari said: View Post
    On another topic, can some of you more educated and civilized members please tell me how much / how many is %s? I am referring to this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017_06_27_22_54_421.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	141453

    Kari
    The "Windows Defender Antivirus successfully took action on %s threats since your last summary" statement is almost understandable; I don't, however, understand the s behind the percentage sign. My interpretation would be that of 100% of threats found, WD successfully took action on a certain percentage of them. It would be nice to know how many threats were found and exactly what the percentage (or number) of successful action was.

    As to "Your device was scanned %s times" statement, that one's beyond me. Was it scanned 100% of the time threats were found? If it was scanned 25 (hypothetical number) times, then it must have been scanned 100% of the 25 times.

    I know I'm not making sense, because none of that makes any sense to me.

    And my last WAG is that maybe something had to be lost in the translation from another language to English?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15058 ISO file is also now available for download here (click on link). 842858810314129408 841771427787235329 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15058 for PC - Windows Experience...
825063872533032960 825065215523971072 825213100613775360 Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/27/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15019-pc
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:04.
Find Us