Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158 for PCs Insider

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,346
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       30 Jun 2015 #451

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    See, this is your mistake. Spit on it to make it go up to full speed !
    Oh, yeah, I think the tech did tell me to lick my finger before I touched the wire in the center of the coax cable. Seriously. He said something about it being grounded out . . . or maybe static (not electricity) . . .

    I know that some here poo pooed the advice and I was inclined to agree with them. Still, things were going so slow that I needed to do something and remembered to do the speed test. I really didn't expect touching the wire to work, but by George, it did!

    74% downloaded now! I may not go to bed yet after all!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    30 Jun 2015 #452

    Wynona said: View Post
    Oh, yeah, I think the tech did tell me to lick my finger before I touched the wire in the center of the coax cable. Seriously. He said something about it being grounded out . . . or maybe static (not electricity) . . .

    I know that some here poo pooed the advice and I was inclined to agree with them. Still, things were going so slow that I needed to do something and remembered to do the speed test. I really didn't expect touching the wire to work, but by George, it did!

    74% downloaded now! I may not go to bed yet after all!
    Might as well keep an eye on it now. Once it start's installing its not much longer after, that its done.

    I wonder if the cable co. needs to replace the modem.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       30 Jun 2015 #453

    I rolled in 10158 yesterday from win update and 10159 today from win updatde no glitches . I just let it ride for a while after the download was complete both times and manual re start smooth as butter *here.

    Looks like a decent test build all in all quite a bit of recent progress IMO with 10158/10159 .

    U.I. apps are more stable now and you can open more than one now without instability that's new . Mail app is more stable also.

    I think these two (10158/10159) are the best builds out of maybe 7 test builds I've had .

    Sent from Windows 10 Pro Windows Insider Preview Evaluation Copy Build 10159
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    30 Jun 2015 #454

    People are getting Build 10159.. Meanwhile I'm here, pressing refresh on Windows update, from my 10130 build lol
    Can I do something to "encourage" it to update?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 964
    dual boot W10 10586th2/14291 rs1 Win. Insider since Jan. 2015
       30 Jun 2015 #455

    GTMoraes said: View Post
    People are getting Build 10159.. Meanwhile I'm here, pressing refresh on Windows update, from my 10130 build lol
    Can I do something to "encourage" it to update?
    type winkey + R then type in "services" in the run dialog then go to Services and rt click/ stop Windows Update then re start it and check for updates normally hopefuly that will initiate a download .

    I'm presumuning you are on the fast ring or no ?........if not try to update *that status *in settings >update & security first .

    You can also try stop/re start win update while it's in progress in Task Manager if it hangs badly but it can hang or go dark for up to an hour sometimes more on a slow system and sometimes more than once any way so don't sweat that as long as your hdd lamp is active it's not *really *stalled
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    30 Jun 2015 #456

    blutos cousin said: View Post
    type winkey + R then type in "services" in the run dialog then go to Services and rt click/ stop Windows Update then re start it and check for updates normally hopefuly that will initiate a download .

    I'm presumuning you are on the fast ring or no ?........if not try to update *that status *in settings >update & security first .

    You can also try stop/re start win update while it's in progress in Task Manager if it hangs badly but it can hang or go dark for up to an hour sometimes more on a slow system and sometimes more than once any way so don't sweat that as long as your hdd lamp is active it's not *really *stalled
    I'm in the fast ring, and I've tried that method already, but thanks anyway!
    I'm in a portuguese OS. Can it be that? I've found an ISO with the 10159 build, but it's in english. Would it update normally?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    01 Jul 2015 #457

    Win32 apps are very, very ugly looking in these builds... It would appear Microsoft is planning to make Modern apps look prettier just by making Win32 look uglier. Sigh...

    Reminds me of The DUFF
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 265
    Windows 10 preview ########
       01 Jul 2015 #458

    been playing with it most of the day, and it is smoking fast. of course i have a smoking fast system, but this one takes advantage of it much better than previous builds have. the only real glitch i can report is that the weather tile in start doesn't act like a live tile. when i click it, my city comes up and it gives me all relevant info as an app, but the tile in the start menu just sits there, where before it showed the weather info on it as a tile. so that's really the only thing that hasn't worked for me so far. not bad at all.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 8,601
    Windows 10 Home x64 Windows 10 Prox64
       01 Jul 2015 #459

    Don't find it especially fast , but I am happy that everything appears to be working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    01 Jul 2015 #460

    LittleJay said: View Post
    No I didn't get any menu for Home or Pro. During installation it asked for a key a couple of times, but I was able to skip it, until I got online. The reason I prefer installing without being online is so Windows doesn't download extra drivers. I already have all the drivers I need, like Nvidia and RealTek saved, so I don't want to waste the extra data, since I am on a metered connection.
    In Windows 8.1 you can go to the System screen, Advanced system properties, Hardware Tab, Device installation Settings , and then set it to "No, let me chose what to do, and select "Never install drivers software from Windows update".
    I don't have my Windows 10 PC fired up at the moment to check if its the same.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drivers Capture.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	22915
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source - Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows UPDATE: 631136148014764032
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10166 | Blogging Windows Preview Builds - Check for New Windows 10 Builds . Windows 10 Home Insider Preview build 10166 product key: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3 Windows 10 Pro...
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130-for-pcs https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/05/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10122-for-pcs/ https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html UPDATES: 601080802793922560
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:56.
Find Us