Windows 10: Windows 10 Release Date July 29

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,911
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       28 Jul 2015 #281

    navuho said: View Post
    Can you share the ISO?
    Just show hidden files andgo to this thread to create your own if you have the BT file.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    28 Jul 2015 #282

    navuho said: View Post
    Can you share the ISO?
    That ISO could be language and version specific, and thus may not be the correct version for your install. Depends on whether its Home or Pro, 32 bit or 64 bit, English US or other etc. Better to make your own from your downloaded esd file.

    EDIT: Thanks Cliff, was just going to hunt up that thread and add it to my post. Now I don't have to.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14,911
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       28 Jul 2015 #283

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    That ISO could be language and version specific, and thus may not be the correct version for your install. Depends on whether its Home or Pro, 32 bit or 64 bit, English US or other etc. Better to make your own from your downloaded esd file.

    EDIT: Thanks Cliff, was just going to hunt up that thread and add it to my post. Now I don't have to.
    Jimmy(KYHI)'s trick only took seconds. The other tutorials always looked a bit complicated, but I think it was the catching the ESD that was hard, where as here it doesn't try to install(just resting until it's time to wake up) so the tool and CMD was real fast. Burnd a DVD and extracted to an USB drive... done.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,314
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       28 Jul 2015 #284

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Just show hidden files and go to this thread to create your own if you have the BT file.
    This page can't be displayed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    28 Jul 2015 #285

    Wynona said: View Post
    This page can't be displayed.
    Ditto...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	26308
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,911
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       28 Jul 2015 #286

    Ok changed the link from Eight forums to the Ten Forums one(it's in both). Just a note to his first post that I sent him:
    Need to tell people to unblock it in properties I just got home from work and as usual forced an update as I leave my PC's off. I then saw your post, Jimmy it worked for me after I copied the "Contents" like you said, and not the Folder like I did the first time!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,314
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       28 Jul 2015 #287

    Cliff S said: View Post
    Ok changed the link from Eight forums to the Ten Forums one(it's in both). Just a note to his first post that I sent him:
    Thanks anyway, Cliff. I think I'll wait for the official one . . . not willing to read through 11 pages in order to find something I probably won't use anyway. Sometimes it's just best to wait.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 156
    Windows 10 Latest build
       28 Jul 2015 #288

    Wynona said: View Post
    Thanks anyway, Cliff. I think I'll wait for the official one . . . not willing to read through 11 pages in order to find something I probably won't use anyway. Sometimes it's just best to wait.
    Just click on the little blue icon by Kyhi's name


    Kyhi said: View Post
    If you want to make an ISO image of the actual Upgrade for your PC

    Download and extract the correct Oscdimg .zip and copy the contents (files) into the Windows\System32 folder

    And then run this from command prompt (admin)

    Code:
    Oscdimg -bootdata:2#p0,e,bEtfsboot.com#pEF,e,bEfisys.bin -h -m -o  -u1 -udfver102 "C:\$Windows.~BT" C:\PC_Upgrade.iso
    You will find the PC_Upgrade.iso on C:\
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,911
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       28 Jul 2015 #289

    Wynona said: View Post
    Thanks anyway, Cliff. I think I'll wait for the official one . . . not willing to read through 11 pages in order to find something I probably won't use anyway. Sometimes it's just best to wait.
    Just the first post is important, the rest is "I have it"/"I don't have it yet" & opinions what if's, you know the rest Wynona. This is the official one. I'm going to let Windows Update do it's magic, then when I have time use the ISO for a clean install(if I really need it).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    28 Jul 2015 #290

    Its correct that the install has been downloaded
    however it won't be active until the timezone has reached you
    better not mess it up ..

    if i'm wrong someone in Europe or USA please post evidence
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Related Threads
A screen shot from: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Description=windows%2010&Submit=ENE20300
Windows 10 Release Date in General Support
Does anyone here believe that Windows 10 will be very likely to come out in June 2015 or is that wishful thinking? I want it now so badly but I would hate to have to wait until September or even July or August. Microsoft needs to speed things...
Read more at: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/windows-9-release-date-news-and-rumours-1029245
Read more - http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/windows-8-2-release-date-news-and-rumors-1191563
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:01.
Find Us