Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,392
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       12 Sep 2016 #321

    Berton said: View Post
    Not for me, as I posted earlier have all blank things that should have text on the Start menu items, blank Tiles, can't use Settings as can't read any of the things needed, can't get to reset, requires fully reinstalling 14901 from disc. Have tried 3 times and 14915 is still not working, about to the point of giving up on it.
    Wasn't referring to my experience with the build. Was referring to the experience of the person I quoted, as was posted by him. Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14915 for PC and Mobile - Page 32 - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       12 Sep 2016 #322

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    In what way? Thought it was working fine.
    For me.. well yes. But others are not having as much luck with it seems.

    I wonder when new features will start to come down??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,392
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       12 Sep 2016 #323

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    For me.. well yes. But others are not having as much luck with it seems.

    I wonder when new features will start to come down??
    Luck may have some bearing on it, but not a great deal. Although it is not my main OS for personal and family business needs, I do spend most of the day using it. Don't know how else to test it out. There are bugs, quirks, annoyances, etc.. But just installing it and declaring "No issues" is pretty useless. Somebody, can't remember who, says "Right click everything". In essence, look under the hood, poke around, see what works and what doesn't. Try fixes. Invent your own. Listen to others that actually test the build. Give feedback. Without doing most or all of this, being an Insider is in name only.

    New features will come out for testing when the foundation is solid enough to support them. So, anybody's guess.

    TC
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,949
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       12 Sep 2016 #324

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Luck may have some bearing on it, but not a great deal. Although it is not my main OS for personal and family business needs, I do spend most of the day using it. Don't know how else to test it out. There are bugs, quirks, annoyances, etc.. But just installing it and declaring "No issues" is pretty useless. Somebody, can't remember who, says "Right click everything". In essence, look under the hood, poke around, see what works and what doesn't. Try fixes. Invent your own. Listen to others that actually test the build. Give feedback. Without doing most or all of this, being an Insider is in name only.

    New features will come out for testing when the foundation is solid enough to support them. So, anybody's guess.

    TC
    Well said TC ....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       12 Sep 2016 #325

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Luck may have some bearing on it, but not a great deal. Although it is not my main OS for personal and family business needs, I do spend most of the day using it. Don't know how else to test it out. There are bugs, quirks, annoyances, etc.. But just installing it and declaring "No issues" is pretty useless. Somebody, can't remember who, says "Right click everything". In essence, look under the hood, poke around, see what works and what doesn't. Try fixes. Invent your own. Listen to others that actually test the build. Give feedback. Without doing most or all of this, being an Insider is in name only.

    New features will come out for testing when the foundation is solid enough to support them. So, anybody's guess.

    TC
    Well.. ok then. I think I've been putting in lots of miles as an insider.. like you. So comments like that are hardly productive(see highlighted).

    Time to move along.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,392
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       12 Sep 2016 #326

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Well.. ok then. I think I've been putting in lots of miles as an insider.. like you. So comments like that are hardly productive(see highlighted).

    Time to move along.

    Jeff
    It was not directed at you, Jeff. It was a general comment. If you took it personally, that is your issue and is regrettable.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,681
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 Sep 2016 #327

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Luck may have some bearing on it, but not a great deal. Although it is not my main OS for personal and family business needs, I do spend most of the day using it. Don't know how else to test it out. There are bugs, quirks, annoyances, etc.. But just installing it and declaring "No issues" is pretty useless. Somebody, can't remember who, says "Right click everything". In essence, look under the hood, poke around, see what works and what doesn't. Try fixes. Invent your own. Listen to others that actually test the build. Give feedback. Without doing most or all of this, being an Insider is in name only.

    New features will come out for testing when the foundation is solid enough to support them. So, anybody's guess.

    TC
    TC, I'm one of those who uses my Insider Build (14915) as my main OS. However, I have all my data backed up on external drives and I don't mind reinstalling programs and apps when things go awry. If things get bad enough, I can go back to an older Build or even go to the Anniversary Update until something more stable comes up.

    With "works for me" said, I will say that there are far too many issues being brought up to discard them as being caused by the "nut between the chair and the keyboard".

    We all use our computers differently; thus, Joe may discover a bug I would never have seen, or Jill may discover one that Joe would never see . . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 17,392
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       12 Sep 2016 #328

    Wynona said: View Post
    TC, I'm one of those who uses my Insider Build (14915) as my main OS. However, I have all my data backed up on external drives and I don't mind reinstalling programs and apps when things go awry. If things get bad enough, I can go back to an older Build or even go to the Anniversary Update until something more stable comes up.

    With "works for me" said, I will say that there are far too many issues being brought up to discard them as being caused by the "nut between the chair and the keyboard".

    We all use our computers differently; thus, Joe may discover a bug I would never have seen, or Jill may discover one that Joe would never see . . .
    Wynona, I agree with you...all use their systems differently, but I don't know what this means.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       12 Sep 2016 #329

    Wynona said: View Post
    TC, I'm one of those who uses my Insider Build (14915) as my main OS. However, I have all my data backed up on external drives and I don't mind reinstalling programs and apps when things go awry. If things get bad enough, I can go back to an older Build or even go to the Anniversary Update until something more stable comes up.

    With "works for me" said, I will say that there are far too many issues being brought up to discard them as being caused by the "nut between the chair and the keyboard".

    We all use our computers differently; thus, Joe may discover a bug I would never have seen, or Jill may discover one that Joe would never see . . .
    I use the insider as a daily use OS as well and my data is on a separate HDD sort of like your setup. In addition, I have no issues in wiping things clean and reinstalling everything again. For me that's about a 3 hour process from start to finish.

    And I agree that everyone will use and check out the new builds differently. During my daily usage I might not encounter the same issues as others might. So far the only issue that I've encountered is with the color in the settings. Other than that when I use it to do my tasks it just seems to work fine. But I agree that there are bugs in the OS overall and they go beyond the user.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Posts : 347
    Windows 10 Pro x3 Windows 10 Home x1
       12 Sep 2016 #330

    No new build today. Maybe tomorrow?

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile
751899204184924160 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14367 for PC and Mobile
745378334754803715 743609507951960064 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14367 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 & Mobile Build 14364
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 for PC and Mobile
725082490369536001 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332 | Windows Experience Blog How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones
Windows 10 News
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10136 How to Update to Windows 10 Insider Preview for Phones from Windows Phone 8.1 How to Use Windows Phone Recovery Tool to Roll Back from Windows 10 to Windows Phone 8.1
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums