Hello, Windows Insider!
As you might already know, we recently released our Windows 10 Anniversary update!
It's been an incredible ride and we have loved hearing from you during this journey. In fact, many of the new features in this update were directly inspired by feedback from Windows Insiders like you
. Some of the highlights include:
- Our new Windows Ink pen recognition software*
- An even more productive Cortana digital assistant**
- A faster, more accessible and more power-efficient Microsoft Edge browser
- Advanced security features for consumers and enterprises
- Exciting, new Xbox gaming experiences
The Windows Insider Program will continue to be a key part of our development process. On that note, we’re pleased to announce that, just after the Anniversary update, we released our latest Insider Preview build for PC
. You can also find out about the latest Insider Preview build for Mobile
With a major release cycle complete, now would be a good time to check your Insider Preview build flight status. Just type "Insider" in your Windows search box to find "Get Insider Preview builds"
. Then choose your Insider level (based on whether you want our earliest builds – or prefer slightly later builds with less bugs.)
A few other noteworthy things that you all might be interested in:
Info for Developers
Info for IT Pros
- Got an idea to create good in the world? As part of the Windows Insiders Program, we are bringing together Windows Insiders and members of the local creative and non-profit communities to create lasting solutions for the issues we care about. Want to join IN? Click here for details about #WINsiders4Good.
- Continuum Competition 2016 winners. The competition wrapped up last month with Windows Insiders submitting more than 1600 entries. V. Chung from Vietnam was selected as the grand prize winner for his “Perfect Workout” app and received a fully loaded Surface Book and other great prizes. Check out all the finalists' apps here. Thanks to all who participated and to HP for co-sponsoring the competition.
- Microsoft best practices for seamless Windows 10 deployment. We’ve just published the materials that Microsoft IT used to support our Windows 10 deployment to all employee devices within the Microsoft global enterprise. Use these resources to facilitate your own employee adoption of Windows 10, promote best practices, and ensure a direct path to productivity. Download the materials here.
As always, we look forward to your continuing feedback.
You can follow the lead for the Windows Insiders Program, Dona Sarkar, on Twitter @donasarkar. For other updates on the program, including special events and activities, follow us on Twitter @windowsinsider.
The Windows Insider team