Made by you - Microsoft Edge feedback in Windows 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 33,748
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18282
       22 Jan 2016 #1

    Made by you - Microsoft Edge feedback in Windows 10




    From Insider Hub app: insiderhub://announcements/7ab9d1c5-2e7e-4e61-9c58-a14439265779?Source=ShareLink
    (click on images for full size)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	60142

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	60143

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	60144

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	60145

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	60147
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,960
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       23 Jan 2016 #1

    After reading it in the Insider Hub(for non insiders turn it on in Settings app>>Apps & Features>>Manage Optional Features>>Add A Feature), I came away with the feeling, that for Edge, they purposefully started with a "browser skeleton" and are then only putting in features that the majority of Microsoft browser users want, and not any excess junk. Said instead of copying an existing browser(you want it install it) they are creating one for the average and advanced user.

    As much as I love Internet Explorer, to truly set it up to be safe, it is a complicated task(managing per site privacy, security zones, pop-up blocker setting exceptions, and protection settings). And IE had a lot of features, that I and probably the majority of users don't use, which can cause crashes & freezes.

    Long post- short: Edge is being designed to Search & Consume(not Seek & Destroy), which is basically what most users only want to do:)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    23 Jan 2016 #2

    Cliff S said: View Post
    After reading it in the Insider Hub(for non insiders turn it on in Settings app>>Apps & Features>>Manage Optional Features>>Add A Feature), I came away with the feeling, that for Edge, they purposefully started with a "browser skeleton" and are then only putting in features that the majority of Microsoft browser users want, and not any excess junk. Said instead of copying an existing browser(you want it install it) they are creating one for the average and advanced user.

    As much as I love Internet Explorer, to truly set it up to be safe, it is a complicated task(managing per site privacy, security zones, pop-up blocker setting exceptions, and protection settings). And IE had a lot of features, that I and probably the majority of users don't use, which can cause crashes & freezes.

    Long post- short: Edge is being designed to Search & Consume(not Seek & Destroy), which is basically what most users only want to do:)
    I can understand what MS is trying to do. For me I doubt it's going to change my mind about my default browser. Just because it's what the majority wants doesn't mean it's what I want. I'd rather have the ability to customize it the way I want with add-ons.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,960
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       23 Jan 2016 #3

    Winuser said: View Post
    I can understand what MS is trying to do. For me I doubt it's going to change my mind about my default browser. Just because it's what the majority wants doesn't mean it's what I want. I'd rather have the ability to customize it the way I want with add-ons.
    I never really had a "default browser":) Just a core group of four that I use
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    23 Jan 2016 #4

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I never really had a "default browser":) Just a core group of four that I use
    I thought you had to set a 'default' .. maybe I'm mistaken or maybe if you choose none as default it asks every time you want to open anything web based ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,960
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       23 Jan 2016 #5

    zooburner said: View Post
    I thought you had to set a 'default' .. maybe I'm mistaken or maybe if you choose none as default it asks every time you want to open anything web based ?
    The "System" has a default, but "I" don't I use the browser I need to use at the moment.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    23 Jan 2016 #6

    Cliff S said: View Post
    I never really had a "default browser":) Just a core group of four that I use
    When it comes to browsers It's darn near impossible to get me to change. I'd still be using Netscape if it wasn't discontinued. :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    24 Jan 2016 #7

    Edge used to allow us to give feedback without having to open a Microsoft account. Now, you can't give feedback unless you have a Microsoft account. Bad move on their part, IMO.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Fafhrd's Avatar
    Posts : 1,928
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       24 Jan 2016 #8

    It seems it can all be summed up with "folk don't like change - keep feeding 'em the same old stuff, and they'll be happy!"

    Now, if MS learned that lesson from their user base, there'd be a MS "Skins" division, from where users would have the pleasure of buying their favourite Windows UI front end shell - a Windows 7 lookalike for most, XP-ish for some, etc., to disguise their latest unnumbered Windows update build release and any other MS desktop software products with unwanted modern features.

    Of course, retro-style fashion does not suit everyone. More esoteric modifications - in-house company branding, advertising-sponsored Windows UIs to allow cheaper hardware sales, exotic variants, unofficial or approved copies of other OS interfaces, living or dead, could be made by developers with access to the Windows "Skins" API. It could open up a whole new avenue of computer-based fun and industry.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,960
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       24 Jan 2016 #9

    Fafhrd said: View Post
    It seems it can all be summed up with "folk don't like change - keep feeding 'em the same old stuff, and they'll be happy!"

    Now, if MS learned that lesson from their user base, there'd be a MS "Skins" division, from where users would have the pleasure of buying their favourite Windows UI front end shell - a Windows 7 lookalike for most, XP-ish for some, etc., to disguise their latest unnumbered Windows update build release and any other MS desktop software products with unwanted modern features.

    Of course, retro-style fashion does not suit everyone. More esoteric modifications - in-house company branding, advertising-sponsored Windows UIs to allow cheaper hardware sales, exotic variants, unofficial or approved copies of other OS interfaces, living or dead, could be made by developers with access to the Windows "Skins" API. It could open up a whole new avenue of computer-based fun and industry.
    Ahhhhhh! You're speaking my language now
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
How to Send Feedback to Microsoft in Windows 10 You can use the Feedback Hub app to help Microsoft make Windows better! Provide feedback about Windows and apps by sharing your suggestions or problems. If you want to be even more involved, then...
Windows Update needs to offer an .iso creation tool once the current version of Windows has been in use at least 30 days. Some users need an .iso file that can reinstall or repair install Windows on another computer or offline. With the official...
Just a reminder: it's great to post on this forum, but please submit problems to the Windows Feedback app, too. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7054-feedback-send-microsoft-windows-10-a.html Even better, do a quick search and upvote someone...
So yesterday I went on the microsoft live chat so they can help me get windows 10 because I was tired of waiting for my reserved copy to arrive. The person took control of my pc, and ended up deleting some temp files I guess and also renamed some...
Source: http://www.winbeta.org/news/new-windows-10-icons-shown-survey-microsoft-seeks-more-feedback
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:22.
Find Us