1.    13 Dec 2014 #1

    Windows 10 to Revamp PC Gaming as Well


    In addition to the traditional desktop, which is going to receive a plethora of updates in Windows 10, the gaming side of the operating system will also be significantly revamped and we're going to find out everything about this next month.

    As we already reported to you a couple of days ago, Microsoft will host a Windows 10 conference focused on the consumer experience with the new OS on January 21 in Redmond, and it appears that there are more things on the agenda than we initially thought.

    Phil Spencer, the head of Microsoft's Xbox division, said in a tweet last night that "I'll be focusing more on what we are doing on Win10 in January, it's time for us to talk about gaming on Windows,” suggesting that very exciting news are awaiting for gamers next month.
    Source
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Washington
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       29 Dec 2014 #2

    I call BS on this until Microsoft ACTUALLY has something to show for PC gaming. It always seems like when they mention "PC gaming" it's always something to harp about on DirectX improvements and then ultimately the Xbox One, which technically speaking is a gaming PC.

    If they would only bring over the gaming content from the Xbox One over to the PC....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Dec 2013
    Posts : 165
    Windows 8.1.1 64-bit
       29 Dec 2014 #3

    Sometimes they do, and it's invariably an inferior product which in no way stretches a halfway-decent PC. And/or they're aimed at kids/teens...


    Wenda.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    29 Dec 2014 #4

    Hi there

    As one who has ZERO interest in gaming I hope they leave all that stuff where it belongs -- on the XBOX !!.

    The only time I see or hear about Computer games is that they are always about killing things, destroying planets etc and in general always about fighting, causing total destruction and bringing out the WORST aspects of what little humanity we have left these days.

    Rarely if ever do you see decent stuff about how to CREATE a better planet or environment. - Maybe some of the intellect that goes into devising ever better methods of conquering your opponents would be better used in devising SENSIBLE achievable strategies for fixing things like poverty, global warming etc etc.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2014
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts : 617
    Windows 7 Ultimate
       29 Dec 2014 #5

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    As one who has ZERO interest in gaming I hope they leave all that stuff where it belongs -- on the XBOX !!.

    The only time I see or hear about Computer games is that they are always about killing things, destroying planets etc and in general always about fighting, causing total destruction and bringing out the WORST aspects of what little humanity we have left these days.

    Rarely if ever do you see decent stuff about how to CREATE a better planet or environment. - Maybe some of the intellect that goes into devising ever better methods of conquering your opponents would be better used in devising SENSIBLE achievable strategies for fixing things like poverty, global warming etc etc.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    And as a person who has PLENTY of interest and DOES play games on my computer, I'm glad to hear about this.

    Yes, I beat up things playing Street Fighter IV, blow up things playing Harpoon (a modern naval combat simulator), but I also play Myst Online, Trainz Simulator and I'm very active in Second Life, all about as non-violent as you can get.

    I think you need to be a bit more careful with your gross generalizations, somebody is libel to tell you what you can do with them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2014
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Posts : 617
    Windows 7 Ultimate
       29 Dec 2014 #6

    Wenda said: View Post
    Sometimes they do, and it's invariably an inferior product which in no way stretches a halfway-decent PC. And/or they're aimed at kids/teens...


    Wenda.
    Most mid-range PCs today are several steps past gaming consoles in power. At one time, dedicated gaming boxes were far superior to PCs, but then game boxes have kinda languished for a long time as PC kept advancing.

    The stuff ported to PCs isn't an inferior product, its that your PC is that far ahead of what a gaming box can handle.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Washington
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       29 Dec 2014 #7

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    As one who has ZERO interest in gaming I hope they leave all that stuff where it belongs -- on the XBOX !!.

    The only time I see or hear about Computer games is that they are always about killing things, destroying planets etc and in general always about fighting, causing total destruction and bringing out the WORST aspects of what little humanity we have left these days.

    Rarely if ever do you see decent stuff about how to CREATE a better planet or environment. - Maybe some of the intellect that goes into devising ever better methods of conquering your opponents would be better used in devising SENSIBLE achievable strategies for fixing things like poverty, global warming etc etc.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    The thing with console vs. PC gaming is that there is a wider breadth of genres for the PC than the console. Things like role playing games, simulators, sandbox gaming, and even games that require a decent amount of cognitive thought to figure out are on the PC. Console gaming like the PS4 and Xbox One are more blow things up and kill the enemy. That's what sells for the console. On the PC, it's everything else. MineCraft, WoW, Sims, Amnesia, Star Wars, Mario, racing simulator games; gaming is at a higher level of quality than the console basically.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2014
    Washington
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       29 Dec 2014 #8

    Wenda said: View Post
    Sometimes they do, and it's invariably an inferior product which in no way stretches a halfway-decent PC. And/or they're aimed at kids/teens...


    Wenda.
    What I don't want to keep seeing is their "PC gaming" push that entails things like little Xbox Live arcade games that are targeted to run on Windows Phones, tablets, and then maybe the Xbox. It's not actual PC gaming like the games hosted on Steam that are just uber way ahead of console gaming.

    But the fact nowadays the Xbox One is essentially a low to mid range AMD gaming rig, everyone who is a PC gamer could theoretically run Xbox One game titles as they're not graphically limited on their systems.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 421
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       29 Dec 2014 #9

    Coke Robot said: View Post
    I call BS on this until Microsoft ACTUALLY has something to show for PC gaming. It always seems like when they mention "PC gaming" it's always something to harp about on DirectX improvements and then ultimately the Xbox One, which technically speaking is a gaming PC.

    If they would only bring over the gaming content from the Xbox One over to the PC....
    Agree. And Microsoft isn't going to do anything to hurt their precious Xbox sells or system.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Xbox Windows 10 and Xbox at the PC Gaming Show
Source: Windows 10 and Xbox at the PC Gaming Show
Windows 10 News
Xbox Windows 10 on Xbox One and why it goes beyond gaming
Read more: Windows 10 on Xbox One and why it goes beyond gaming | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Change password now for Windows Live, PSN, and 2K Gaming
Read more...
Windows 10 News
Windows 9 to Revamp the Start Screen, Interactive Live Tiles Rumored
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums