Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,645
    Windows 10
       20 Nov 2014 #1

    Windows 10 build 9879 going out to 'slow ring' participant


    It was only a week ago that Microsoft delivered a new Windows 10 build (9879). While a those in the slow ring did not have access to that update, it looks like the new build could makes its way to that ring shortly. According to Gabriel Aul, Microsoft is almost ready to push out the new build (9879) to 'slow ring' participants. The new update to Windows 10 has a vast amount of improvements over the previous build and has been explored in great detail on Neowin over the past week.
    More
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       20 Nov 2014 #2

    Thanks for the information.
    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Feb 2014
    Posts : 372
    Windows 10
       20 Nov 2014 #3

    They should be warned about how buggy it is, so they can avoid it...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 98
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       20 Nov 2014 #4

    New icons, being able to hide the search and task view buttons, a buggier version of IE, and a crippled OneDrive does not count as "a vast amount of improvements" in my book. Supposedly they are working on a "hotfix" for all the issues people have been having, but I doubt it could fix most of the issues in this build.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,645
    Windows 10
       20 Nov 2014 #5

    Petey7 said: View Post
    New icons, being able to hide the search and task view buttons, a buggier version of IE, and a crippled OneDrive does not count as "a vast amount of improvements" in my book. Supposedly they are working on a "hotfix" for all the issues people have been having, but I doubt it could fix most of the issues in this build.
    The only thing that W10 brings to the table for me is windowed APP's that I do not use.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 98
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       20 Nov 2014 #6

    I was referring specifically to build 9879 vs 9860. The four things I listed pretty much some up the "improvements" between the two builds. The Neowin refers to those changes as "a vast amount," which I think is hyperbole to an extreme.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jun 2014
    Posts : 4,498
    Windows 10 Pro
       20 Nov 2014 #7

    Unless MS fixes the bugs in 9879 they shouldn't release it to the slow ring. Each release has more bugs than the last. Adding more features is nice but fixing bugs is just as important if not more. I thought the whole idea of a slow release was to introduce more features with less bugs.
    Last edited by Winuser; 24 Nov 2014 at 18:23.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 303
    10x64
       22 Nov 2014 #8

    Nothing quite like running a "preview," emphatically beta OS but then expecting it to be bug free, is there?...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Nov 2014 #9

    waltc said: View Post
    Nothing quite like running a "preview," emphatically beta OS but then expecting it to be bug free, is there?...

    Well put. Given the point in the life cycle of this "preview" I have to say it's doing rather well.
    I've stayed away from third party tools: AV's, firewalls, and tools like classic shell and guess what?? I've had minimal issues. Sooner or later those items will work fine with Win10 but for now I'm simply testing out what MS provides with the preview and programs that I run on a daily basis. Stuff like Python, PyScripter and Java development tools(Eclipse). And they work for me.

    Yes, it still has a hick-up from time to time but I expect that and when it happens I report what occurred to MS.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 303
    10x64
       22 Nov 2014 #10

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    waltc said: View Post
    Nothing quite like running a "preview," emphatically beta OS but then expecting it to be bug free, is there?...

    Well put. Given the point in the life cycle of this "preview" I have to say it's doing rather well.
    I've stayed away from third party tools: AV's, firewalls, and tools like classic shell and guess what?? I've had minimal issues. Sooner or later those items will work fine with Win10 but for now I'm simply testing out what MS provides with the preview and programs that I run on a daily basis. Stuff like Python, PyScripter and Java development tools(Eclipse). And they work for me.

    Yes, it still has a hick-up from time to time but I expect that and when it happens I report what occurred to MS.

    Jeff
    I'm surprised it's running as well as it is, too... Only things that bug me are things like the "CPU-Z won't run until I rename the executable" conundrum...! It's a little utility I run every now and then to amuse myself...nothing to it--id's your cpu, ram buses, etc. That's it--a pure read-only kind of application. Ran great under 8.1 and all previous iterations of Windows. Author updates the program regularly. Free ware. Win10 (all builds so far) refuses to install it because of "compatibility" reasons--but soon as I rename the install exe all is well--program installs and runs like it always has. Why would Microsoft not want me to run a read-only hardware config program? Love to be the fly on the wall there...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs to Slow ring
Source: Releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 for PCs to the Slow ring https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html
Windows 10 News
Solved What is the current Build for slow ring users?
I haven't been on my Windows 10 Build 10074 install for a few days now and when I check for new builds it doesn't show anything available. Windows Update is set for the slow ring and I was just wondering if all the newer builds are only available...
Windows Insider
Mobile Windows 10 Insider Preview for phone build 10080 won't go to Slow ring
Last week's release of the Windows 10 Insider Preview for phone build 10080 to members on the Fast ring update schedule won't likely be replicated to Windows Insider members on the Slow ring. 600462299011289089
Windows 10 News
Microsoft delays slow ring Windows 10 9879 release...
More
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 build 9879 going out to slow ring participant
It was only a week ago that Microsoft delivered a new Windows 10 build (9879). While a those in the slow ring did not have access to that update, it looks like the new build could makes its way to that ring shortly. Windows 10 build 9879 going...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:09.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums