Windows 10: No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 20,887
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       21 Oct 2014 #1

    No ISOs for Windows 10 build 9860


    With the release today of Windows 10 build 986, you might be hoping to download an ISO to perform a clean install of the OS. Unfortunately, Microsoft has said that this will not occur which means that Windows Update is your only option.

    The information comes from Gabriel Aul, who is head of the Insider program, and when responding to a question on Twitter, he shot down the idea of the ISOs.
    Read more...
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    22 Oct 2014 #2

    Thanks for the information Shawn.
    Shame that there is no ISO.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    22 Oct 2014 #3

    I know people like to do clean installs, albeit just updated three computers yesterday all at the same time. . .sweet didn't have to do each one separately thus getting all three done in about thirty minutes. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    22 Oct 2014 #4

    Lee said: View Post
    I know people like to do clean installs, albeit just updated three computers yesterday all at the same time. . .sweet didn't have to do each one separately thus getting all three done in about thirty minutes. . .
    The update went fine for me.
    Still I would like an ISO but this will work as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    22 Oct 2014 #5

    The ESD file is in the recovery folder. It is possible to convert this to an ISO
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    22 Oct 2014 #6

    davehc said: View Post
    The ESD file is in the recovery folder. It is possible to convert this to an ISO
    Thanks..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 Oct 2014 #7

    Nothing new on MSDN either? Not yet anyway. I would rather do a clean install, but I'll do an upgrade if that's the only option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 2,033
    Ubuntu14.04x64 MintMate17x64 Win10Prox64
       22 Oct 2014 #8

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Nothing new on MSDN either? Not yet anyway. I would rather do a clean install, but I'll do an upgrade if that's the only option.
    I've already posted how to. In case you miss:
    https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...ld-9860-a.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    22 Oct 2014 #9

    topgundcp said: View Post
    alphanumeric said: View Post
    Nothing new on MSDN either? Not yet anyway. I would rather do a clean install, but I'll do an upgrade if that's the only option.
    I've already posted how to. In case you miss:
    https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...ld-9860-a.html
    I only have the one PC running 10 TP Enterprise. You have to do at least one online upgrade to get the files right, so I may as well do it. Thanks for the link anyway though. If I decide to try 10 on my desktop again I'll have a look see.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    22 Oct 2014 #10

    Hi

    I'm glad they did it this way, this time.
    I have pretty much all of my software installed in Windows 10 and I'm using it exclusively as my OS.

    I didn't really want to start over from scratch again.

    I've been making a system image every other day or so and have restored 3 times already.

    Everything went smooth with the update and I have already made a system image of it.

    Mike
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
616855717711101952 Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-insider-preview-iso-file.html
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/05/releasing-isos-for-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10130/ See: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-insider-preview-iso-file.html
Source 606475993537118208
Read more: Upcoming Windows 10 Technical Preview build will also be available as ISO | Windows Central
524631057295896576 See: We're rolling out our first new build to the Windows Insider Program
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:37.
Find Us