Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,641
    Windows 10
       10 Oct 2014 #1

    Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod


    If you are still using Windows 7, there is a good chance that you are using 'Aero Glass'. The theme has been widely popular among enthusiasts over the years, and if you are running Windows 10, you will soon have the option to turn this theme back on.

    The folks over at Glass8.eu are working diligently to release the tools needed to enable the theme. While their website makes it seem like the release of the files needed to enable the theme are not going to be available anytime soon, a post by the creator on MDL states that because there are "no large changes in Win10's DWM, you can expect Aero Glass for Win10 earlier than" previously expected.
    More
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    10 Oct 2014 #2

    Yes we were discussing this already in another part of the forum

    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...very-cool.html
    Last edited by Brink; 10 Oct 2014 at 10:43. Reason: fixed link
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 236
    7, 10TP
       10 Oct 2014 #3

    That's great, but it should be there natively, without strange mods. You never know what they actually do.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       10 Oct 2014 #4

    Exactly, it needs to be built into the system. If you have a fondleslap which is not powerful enough to run Aero fair enough but why is Windows now made for the lowest powered devices? There should be a choice. If I want my machine to look pretty and take 2 extra micro seconds to open and draw a window with Aero I should have the choice, remember the customer is always right.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       10 Oct 2014 #5

    . . .Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!, so Microsoft should make all the themes folks want, that way they are happy and all the themers are now out of a job. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       10 Oct 2014 #6

    Indianatone said: View Post
    Exactly, it needs to be built into the system. If you have a fondleslap which is not powerful enough to run Aero fair enough but why is Windows now made for the lowest powered devices? There should be a choice. If I want my machine to look pretty and take 2 extra micro seconds to open and draw a window with Aero I should have the choice, remember the customer is always right.
    If every Windows customer was always right we'd have some ridiculous 100GB 3 headed monster that would only run on a 6GHZ CPU and a $1000 video card.

    Less is the new more. Even Apple is aware of that.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 10 Oct 2014 at 18:56.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 4,351
    Windows 10 Pro X64 14393.576
       10 Oct 2014 #7

    Lee said: View Post
    . . .Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!, so Microsoft should make all the themes folks want, that way they are happy and all the themers are now out of a job. . .
    Nah, just stop taking away things that many people like.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       10 Oct 2014 #8

    Oh! those nasty folks at Microsoft are taking everything we like away. . .oh. . .OMG.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       10 Oct 2014 #9

    Lee said: View Post
    Oh! those nasty folks at Microsoft are taking everything we like away. . .oh. . .OMG.
    When they gave them everything and much much more (Vista) they squealed blue murder, now they get less and it starts all over.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10.    11 Oct 2014 #10

    Indianatone said: View Post
    Exactly, it needs to be built into the system. If you have a fondleslap which is not powerful enough to run Aero fair enough but why is Windows now made for the lowest powered devices? There should be a choice. If I want my machine to look pretty and take 2 extra micro seconds to open and draw a window with Aero I should have the choice, remember the customer is always right.
    I don't buy the low powered device excuse..

    Nearly 75% of all windows users run Window 7 or 8, and their devices operate fine. Good god when Windows 8 first came out it needed 1080 screen, if they can run that then they can, certainly run Aero with no problem. Personally, I think it is what I consider, a lazy man's screen. It's just easier programming, so they don't have to deal with it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Aero Snap - Turn On or Off in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10 Your screen can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. The Aero Snap feature includes Snap Assist and 2x2 snapping to help you organize these opened windows on your desktop. For...
Tutorials
Solved Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod
Windows 10: 'Aero Glass' theme coming soon via simple mod - Neowin 6626
General Support
Aero Shake - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
How to Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10 Your screen(s) can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. Aero Shake lets you quickly minimize all opened windows except the current active window by shaking its title bar....
Tutorials
Aero Theme on WTP
For those who may (or may not) follow Vishal Gupta's page, he's just released his custom Aero themes for Windows 8 and 8.1 which work fairly well on WTP. Get all the info here: Download AeroVG Ei8ht and Ei8ht.1ne Themes for Windows 8 / 8.1 -...
Customization
Aero for Windows 10 very cool
just to clarify this is just a mock up, it is not ready for release I read somewhere on these forums, about Aero for Windows 8 and it was nice But what I was really impressed with, was how great Windows 10 looks with transparency on you...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:49.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums