Windows 10: Insider Program is now Live Insider

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
  1.    02 Oct 2014 #191

    paulsalter said: View Post
    Thanks but that is the opposite of what I want

    I am after store apps running as they do in 8, I don't want to see them on the desktop, just as full screen

    My laptop is a combined Touch/Keyboard & Mouse, when I use it via touch, I do not want to see the desktop at all
    I don't know if you got me wrong but Apps do run full screen but look same as any desktop program taskbar and everything. That's exactly a feature almost everyone was clamoring for. There should be a button to press and get to either type, desktop and touch.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    02 Oct 2014 #192

    CountMike said: View Post
    I don't know if you got me wrong but Apps do run full screen but look same as any desktop program taskbar and everything. That's exactly a feature almost everyone was clamoring for. There should be a button to press and get to either type, desktop and touch.
    Cheers,
    Need to go and do some more reading

    What I don't want is store apps to look like desktop programmes, so if I launch News for example, it opens up full screen with no sign of any desktop elements on it (same idea as if I open an app on a tablet)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 49
    Win7x64 Pro Win10x64 Pro Linux Mint
       02 Oct 2014 #193

    davehc said: View Post
    Right. My post on another thread:

    "LOL. Keep your wallet closed and watch this space.. I have been fumbling with it for a day now.

    I am beginning to think this is a question of "the quickness of the (programmers) hand decieves the eye"

    Two major complaints (which I did not support) were the absence of a start menu and windowing. These two problems have been addressed in windows X.
    Apart from that? I am looking at Windows 8, Update 3. (Or should we call it October update - lol again)
    Yes you are ATM IMO - we'll have to wait and see how this develops
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 16,450
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       02 Oct 2014 #194

    Mine finally finished downloading around 11:30 last night! I'm going to install it in a little while.

    I'm enjoying some breakfast at the moment.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    02 Oct 2014 #195

    MSDN lists two different ISO's? en_windows_technical_preview_x64_dvd_5552500.iso 39911 MB, and en_windows_technical_preview_for_enterprise_x64_dvd_5554079.iso 3797 MB. I've installed the _for_enterprise_ one and have Windows To Go as an option in Control Panel. Does this Insider program download have Windows to Go?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    02 Oct 2014 #196

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    I installed the TP for Enterprise on my laptop and it boots to desktop. "Go to desktop instead of start" is checked by default and greyed out. I can't uncheck it. Touch pad but no touch screen. It doesn't really answer your question but just something I noticed that's relative to what you asked.
    Thanx, apparently it does boot to Start screen on tablets, the apps however open in desktop mode - no slide to close etc...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    02 Oct 2014 #197

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    MSDN lists two different ISO's? en_windows_technical_preview_x64_dvd_5552500.iso 39911 MB, and en_windows_technical_preview_for_enterprise_x64_dvd_5554079.iso 3797 MB. I've installed the _for_enterprise_ one and have Windows To Go as an option in Control Panel. Does this Insider program download have Windows to Go?

    Hi there

    On TECHNET it's the same -- two versions - the ENTERPRISE one has the Windows to go -- the LINK in the Forum is the NON Enterprise one which does NOT have windows to go.

    I downloaded my ISO from TechNet --still a subscriber till Oct 10 -the Enterprise one and -Magic - all the probs I had with the other version I downloaded from the link in the Forum disappeared !!!!!!


    Now creating a Windows to Go Enterprise W10 on a spare SSD - should work fine !!!!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    02 Oct 2014 #198

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    On TECHNET it's the same -- two versions - the ENTERPRISE one has the Windows to go -- the LINK in the Forum is the NON Enterprise one which does NOT have windows to go.

    I downloaded my ISO from TechNet --still a subscriber till Oct 10 -the Enterprise one and -Magic - all the probs I had with the other version I downloaded from the link in the Forum disappeared !!!!!!


    Now creating a Windows to Go Enterprise W10 on a spare SSD - should work fine !!!!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    My TechNet Sub has expired so I didn't even bother looking there, one usually mirrors the other anyway though. The file sizes for the non enterprise MSDN version and the Insider download match. What is the non enterprise download, core or pro or neither? I plan on sticking with my MSDN ISO's and ditching the other one. You have confirmed what I suspected, thanks. No Windows To Go for Joe public.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       02 Oct 2014 #199

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    MSDN lists two different ISO's? en_windows_technical_preview_x64_dvd_5552500.iso 39911 MB, and en_windows_technical_preview_for_enterprise_x64_dvd_5554079.iso 3797 MB. I've installed the _for_enterprise_ one and have Windows To Go as an option in Control Panel. Does this Insider program download have Windows to Go?
    No it does not have Windows to go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       02 Oct 2014 #200

    Yesterday when we got on the site to download the ISO at the bottom of the page, about halfway down on the left was a "Get the Upgrade" button which downloaded a small exe and after a reboot let the tech preview become available in Windows update in 7 (in my case). Now when I go on the site I go right to Techet evaluations. Anyone got any ideas? Did they pull the inplace upgrade? It worked perfectly for me on a fresh install.
    Seeing as it is now the technet evaluations I am goinbg to download x64 again to see if I get Windows to go.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Related Threads
http://www.neowin.net/images/uploaded/2015/01/2_img_8942_story.jpg More
MS Insider Program in Windows Insider
Hi, I've installed Win10 TP in VM player yesterday, received the security code from MS, 10 was activated. I'm not a PC expert or an IT pro, do I need to join the insider program to receive build updates? I have sent some feedback already when I was...
Solved Windows Insider Program in Windows Insider
Got this
More: Checking in on the Windows Insider Program
Insider Windows Insider Program in Windows 10 News
Thanks for your excitement about the Windows Insider Program. We're prepping for the release, so please check back soon. In the meantime, take a look at the demo video with our very own Joe Belfiore and read the blog to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:35.
Find Us