Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode

    Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode


    Last Updated: 30 Sep 2014 at 13:31
    With Windows 10, it isn't all about the desktop. Microsoft is making refinements to the touch-side of things too, meaning tablet and hybrid users have some cool things to look forward to. Today, Microsoft officially revealed a new Start Screen for two-in-one devices.

    This new Start Screen is brought to the user with the help of "Continuum", which will detect what hardware you're running and adjust the UI accordingly. Microsoft will talk more about this feature soon, but for now those are the baseline details.
    Read more...

    See also:
    Windows 10: Touch UI is evolving in a Continuum - Neowin


    Windows 10 Start Screen for two-in-ones "Continuum" mode-vrg_1110.jpg
    Brink's Avatar Posted By: Brink
    30 Sep 2014


  1. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #1

    Well, if not configurable because of "Continuum", an attached touch screen to the good 'ole tower should do the trick!
      My Computers

  2. Indianatone's Avatar
    Posts : 454
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    HippsieGypsie said:
    Well, if not configurable because of "Continuum", an attached touch screen to the good 'ole tower should do the trick!
    I would have thought you will be able to go in and change the UI to the way you want it to work. The issue we all may have is the preview may not have all the variations installed.
      My Computers

  3. Coke Robot's Avatar
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       #3

    I do like this! I wonder how configurable it will be and if they fixed the annoying tile rearranging issue where you basically had to play Tetris to get things JUST RIGHT.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #4

    Coke Robot said:
    I do like this! I wonder how configurable it will be and if they fixed the annoying tile rearranging issue where you basically had to play Tetris to get things JUST RIGHT.
    Tetris!

    Yes! I hope it's like the phone!
      My Computers

  5. Indianatone's Avatar
    Posts : 454
    Windows 10 Pro
       #5

    Talking of Tetris, I was in our local Goodwill store. I always give it a look for music CD's and Computer Games etc on CD DVD and I got a brand new copy shrink wrapped of "The Next Tetris" Hasbro for 95 and 98. Has regular Tetris too and it works fine on 7 64 bit Windows. :)
      My Computers

  6. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,368
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #6

    Indianatone said:
    I would have thought you will be able to go in and change the UI to the way you want it to work. The issue we all may have is the preview may not have all the variations installed.
    Face it, there will always be somebody (maybe a wife) that will "know" exactly what is good for you.
      My Computers

  7. Indianatone's Avatar
    Posts : 454
    Windows 10 Pro
       #7

    CountMike said:
    Face it, there will always be somebody (maybe a wife) that will "know" exactly what is good for you.
    Yep my wife, Cardiologist, Chronic Pain Doctor, GP Doctor, dog and cat.....
      My Computers

  8. Jody Thornton's Avatar
    Posts : 487
    Windows 8 Pro x64
       #8

    Indianatone said:
    Talking of Tetris, I was in our local Goodwill store. I always give it a look for music CD's and Computer Games etc on CD DVD and I got a brand new copy shrink wrapped of "The Next Tetris" Hasbro for 95 and 98. Has regular Tetris too and it works fine on 7 64 bit Windows. :)
    Wish I could find the original Jezzball in some 32-bit release. Then I could get rid of running a 16-bit app in a VDM
    (I know; off-topic) :)
      My Computer

  9. Coke Robot's Avatar
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       #9

    It does seem like this new feature will be configurable, it'll stop asking you if you tell it to stop asking you every time and do it automatically. And it should allow you to have a full Start Screen and mouse based UI.

    Although I still don't know how I feel about them packaging a mobile touch first UI with a Desktop mouse first UI together with switches like that. What if I want to snap in my keyboard to my Surface Pro just to type on and keep the touch centric UI dominant? I hope that is something that was addressed, but not too concerned as it seems like they've hit the ballpeen hammer on every single nail.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums