Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet

    Microsoft: Windows 9 Doesn’t Have a Name Yet


    Posted: 24 Sep 2014

    Microsoft is set to break the news on Windows 9 next week, during a press event in San Francisco, and although lots of details have surfaced in the last couple of months, it appears that there’s more to come from the world’s number one software giant.

    As we’ve reported to you earlier today, the President of Microsoft France confirmed during a local press event that the company would unveil Windows 9 in just a few days, hinting that the September 30 event that Microsoft has started sending out invites for would indeed be used for the public debut of the next OS version.

    Now a new statement provided by a company spokesperson to the French version of ZDNet confirms that the next week event is all about the future of Windows, but also adds something that’s as interesting as it is surprising.

    “We look forward to seeing you in late September, in San Francisco, for the future of Windows, which actually at this stage does not have a name as such,” the company spokesperson says.
    More

    A name change for this forum?
    labeeman's Avatar Posted By: labeeman
    24 Sep 2014


  1. Posts : 1,809
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #1

    It would be another MS pointless change, if they changed the name of the desktop/laptop version.

    There might be a benefit if they changed the name for phones/tablets (Surface?).
      My Computer


  2. Lee
    Posts : 4,793
    OS X, Win 10
       #2

    either or makes no difference to me I will play around with it any way, and if I like it run it as my main OS. . .
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #3

    I for one find it hard to believe that any company with a product release coming in less than a week doesn't have the produced named already. IMO, it's just more BS from that sight to keep the hit's going to their site. MS has a name picked out... will they make it known before 9/30. No.. but I bet they have named it.

    J...
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 24,235
    Mint 20.3
    Thread Starter
       #4

    BunnyJ said:
    I for one find it hard to believe that any company with a product release coming in less than a week doesn't have the produced named already. IMO, it's just more BS from that sight to keep the hit's going to their site. MS has a name picked out... will they make it known before 9/30. No.. but I bet they have named it.

    J...



      My Computer


  5. Posts : 14,571
    Windows 10 IoT
       #5

    The Operating System Formally Known As Windows 9? With a new and improved version of The Interface Formally Known As Metro. Now endorsed by the artist formally know as.....
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 32
    Windows 10 64 bit
       #6

    "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 372
    Windows 10
       #7

    alphanumeric said:
    The Operating System Formally Known As Windows 9? With a new and improved version of The Interface Formally Known As Metro. Now endorsed by the artist formally know as.....
    I like it. I like it a lot.... although I still think "WindowPanes" could be phantabulous.....

    C'mon, I can't be the only one...
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 757
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       #8

    Rickkins said:
    I like it. I like it a lot.... although I still think "WindowPanes" could be phantabulous.....

    C'mon, I can't be the only one...
    PaneInTheAss may be a contender if the incorporate the slow copy of Vista with the broken glass of W8. '
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       #9

    It's probably Windows 9.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums