1. Joined : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       12 Sep 2014 #1

    Modern design at Microsoft


    Modern design
    at Microsoft


    Going beyond flat design

    by Steve Clayton

    Read more here and see the concepts behind the designs.


    Modern Design at Microsoft
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,641
    Windows 10
       12 Sep 2014 #2

    I hope he gets transferred soon and do away with Modern flat.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,394
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       12 Sep 2014 #3

    Indianatone said: View Post

    Read more here and see the concepts behind the designs.


    Modern Design at Microsoft
    That is one awful site.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Washington
    Posts : 302
    Windows 10 10586
       13 Sep 2014 #4

    The site was intentionally designed to be worked with touch....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,394
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.1 MATE (64 bit), W10IP VM, W10 Home
       13 Sep 2014 #5

    Coke Robot said: View Post
    The site was intentionally designed to be worked with touch....
    Obviously.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 246
       13 Sep 2014 #6

    Coke Robot said: View Post
    The site was intentionally designed to be worked with touch....
    Which is one reason it stunk. Another reason is the author was totally full of it. Having one interface across phone, tablet and PC platforms that uses less CPU pony power may be convenient for M$ but it cheats people with machines that are more than capable of handling the special effects, especially since most machines, including tablets and phones, are becoming more powerful with time. The flat look is boring, making it harder to concentrate on what one is looking at.

    I wish M$ would get over the idiotic concept of having one OS fits all. Ask any woman how well one size fits all works with clothing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2013
    North West Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts : 446
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and VM
       14 Sep 2014 #7

    Also I feel M$ has missed the tablet revolution and no amount of screwing around with everyone's interface will get it back for them. Every day on TV* here in Indiana I hear download our app from the Google or Apple store. No mention of Windoze at all. Even ipad like device is in the public domain to describe a tablet so give it up M$ and go back to what you are best at, OS for desktop, office products, Encarta, Map Point and Autoroute etc.

    (* that even includes watching CH4 from the UK via VPN) So from that I assume it is a worldwide situation).
    Last edited by Indianatone; 14 Sep 2014 at 12:51.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    14 Sep 2014 #8

    Indianatone said: View Post
    Also I feel M$ has missed the tablet revolution and no amount of screwing around with everyone's interface will get it back for them. Every day on TV* here in Indiana I hear download our app from the Google or Apple store. No mention of Windoze at all. Even ipad like device is in the public domain to describe a tablet so give it up M$ and go back to what you are best at, OS for desktop, office products, Encarta, Map Point and Autoroute etc.

    (* that even includes watching CH4 from the UK via VPN) So from that I assume it is a worldwide situation).
    Blame the devs and companies that won't make an app for the Windows platform. The tools have been there.

    If people are going to keep smack talking the os and refuse to use it, then don't get mad when there aren't any apps in the store.

    Plus, there are a number of os's out there to use.
    Last edited by Brink; 15 Sep 2014 at 11:09. Reason: removed unneeded comment
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,484
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15014
       15 Sep 2014 #9

    warning   Warning
    Thread cleaned.

    Let's keep this friendly shall we.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Microsoft Explains the New Icon Design in Windows 10
Source
Windows 10 News
Microsoft overhauls its homepage with larger images, modern elements
Source
Windows 10 News
Modern Design and Evolution: Windows 9 Concept Mixes the Desktop and the Metro UI
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums