KB5001649 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.870 and v20H2 19042.870 Win Update

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 24,515
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #100

    It is now back again, being offered as an optional update in Windows Update.

    This time round it downloads and installs without a problem, both on x64 and x86 machines.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 56,049
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #101

    boombastik said:
    its back in windows update.
    smalltown said:
    Just finished downloading from WU. Downloaded and installed without issue.
    Version 20H2 build 19042.870
    Confirmed.

    KB5001649 CU Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.870 and v20H2 19042.870-2021-03-21_17h55_11.png
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #102

    Does that mean this is a remake of the same update and one has to reinstall it again?
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 3,861
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit Home
       #103

    IronZorg89 said:
    Does that mean this is a remake of the same update and one has to reinstall it again?
    If it's already installed you won't be offered it via WU.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #104

    Fabler2 said:
    If it's already installed you won't be offered it via WU.
    Nice to know. I already have it installed.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 24,515
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #105

    IronZorg89 said:
    Does that mean this is a remake of the same update and one has to reinstall it again?
    No. It means that the errors on the download servers first time out that caused the download to fail if you asked Windows Update to install this optional update have been corrected. Up until today you could not get it through Windows Update, now you can.

    The update itself has always been available for manual download and install from the Update Catalog, and if you have installed it that way then you shouldn't see it offered again in Windows Update.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #106

    Bree said:
    No. It means that the errors on the download servers first time out that caused the download to fail if you asked Windows Update to install this optional update have been corrected. Up until today you could not get it through Windows Update, now you can.

    The update itself has always been available for manual download and install from the Update Catalog, and if you have installed it that way then you shouldn't see it offered again in Windows Update.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 399
    Windows 10
       #107

    Bree said:
    No. It means that the errors on the download servers first time out that caused the download to fail if you asked Windows Update to install this optional update have been corrected. Up until today you could not get it through Windows Update, now you can.

    The update itself has always been available for manual download and install from the Update Catalog, and if you have installed it that way then you shouldn't see it offered again in Windows Update.
    I installed this update on March 18th, using the stand-alone link provided by BRINK.

    Windows Update just offered it again. It downloaded and installed OK.

    Maybe what Windows Updated offered today (3.21) differed a tad from the one many of us manually downloaded and installed on March 18th?

    Otherwise, today's update simply overwrote the existing install, with nothing different.

    Maybe that's why today's install did NOT ask me to restart the P.C., like the stand alone version did on March 18th.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 24,515
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #108

    AllenChicago said:
    ...Otherwise, today's update simply overwrote the existing install, with nothing different.

    Maybe that's why today's install did NOT ask me to restart the P.C., like the stand alone version did on March 18th.

    Yes, sounds like yours went through the motions, but found nothing to change because you had already installed it manually. I did not manually install it earlier, but waited for installing through Windows Update to be fixed. It certainly required a restart for me.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 549
    Windows 11 Pro (x64)(v21H2)(Build 22000.675)
       #109

    ok I am back from this update... no issues other then it got stuck at 15% during the shutdown/update process.. then rebooted stuck at 91% then finished..

    no borked install so all is good as far as I can tell..
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums