Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17618 - Mar. 7 Insider

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,471
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       10 Mar 2018 #120

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Odd that nowhere in settings is the word "Sets" used, just "Tabs". Yet all the talk refers to it as SETS not TABS. I'm missing something most likely........
    Yeah, the links I posted earlier are much better about defining what SETS Is all about, but the current batch of articles keeps talking about them as Tabs when in fact, they are not merely tabs.

    johngalt said: View Post
    That works best for me. Way faster than anything else to get what I want to see, a second Explorer tab.

    However, the tabs don't remain if you close the entire explorer window (or, rather, they are not remembered).



    The best links to read about Sets are the ones from Last Nov -

    Microsoft will finally bring a tabbed experience to Windows 10

    Microsoft feature kills standalone application windows

    Microsoft shows off Windows a tabbed app interface that puts a web browser everywhere | TechCrunch

    The ones in the past couple of days are making it out to be just simply tabs, when in fact, Sets is not that at all (right now).


    This too - I suspect this is because of Sets.
    Wynona said: View Post
    Thanks, John. I now have all three of them in Word so I can read at my leisure.
    My pleasure

    Wynona said: View Post
    So far, Swarfega. I think they're going to introduce Office 365 2019 for us Insiders pretty soon, though.
    Yup - I saw the same. I have a (monthly) subscription to Office 365 Home, with multiple users and devices, and my desktop has the Office Insider Fast build installed, so I'm eagerly awaiting the first crack at Office 2019.

    swarfega said: View Post
    Would be nice if they included Pro in insiders.
    Yeah, would be nice - but probably never going to happen. (But I have been wrong before)

    Wynona said: View Post
    I have Office 365 2016 Pro Plus. And, Windows 10 Pro.
    Same.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    10 Mar 2018 #121

    [QUOTE=Wynona;1315838]Everything is working as it should for me, Steven. Whether I do the Win-X thing or just right click on the Start Button, the menu pops up and everything opens as it should.

    I solved this...Used Shell Extensions Manager. JRiver Media Centre (my audio player) created a context menu item that stopped the Win-X menu working!!! Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,489
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       10 Mar 2018 #122

    Wynona said: View Post
    Thanks, John. I now have all three of them in Word so I can read at my leisure.
    @Wynona, did you read these articles? I read them and the act of putting any of this into action does not seem to be happening.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,471
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       10 Mar 2018 #123

    steupz said: View Post
    You have it. Even your image has tabs. Click on that + and Edge should open. From there you can learn through other posts how to open Photos, etc in tabs.
    @magilla - did you read this response?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    10 Mar 2018 #124

    I know I dont have tabs, no mention of it on that page in settings. I do have sets.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,471
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       10 Mar 2018 #125

    swarfega said: View Post
    I know I dont have tabs, no mention of it on that page in settings. I do have sets.
    SETS. *IS* what everyone is calling 'Tabs'.

    TC, myself and a few others have already stated this multiple times.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,489
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       10 Mar 2018 #126

    johngalt said: View Post
    @magilla - did you read this response?
    Yes, I did. When I click on the +, edge opens with ‘facebook’, Twitter, instagram, Msn and bing. How does this help me? I don’t use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. When I view bing, it doesn’t provide me with how others are using this app. I viewed the articles you referenced and they are clear, but nothing I do produces any result similar to the demo in article videos. Maybe I’m just too stupid
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 600
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17134.1, 17650.1001, 16299.371
       10 Mar 2018 #127

    magilla said: View Post
    Yes, I did. When I click on the +, edge opens with ‘facebook’, Twitter, instagram, Msn and bing. How does this help me? I don’t use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. When I view bing, it doesn’t provide me with how others are using this app. I viewed the articles you referenced and they are clear, but nothing I do produces any result similar to the demo in article videos. Maybe I’m just too stupid
    For now you have to use the search bar, after you use it for a while, the most frequently used apps appear simply by clicking on the search bar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frecuent.gif 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	180404
    It is not ideal, but remember that this is the beginning, and will improve over time.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 1,471
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       10 Mar 2018 #128

    magilla said: View Post
    Yes, I did. When I click on the +, edge opens with ‘facebook’, Twitter, instagram, Msn and bing. How does this help me? I don’t use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. When I view bing, it doesn’t provide me with how others are using this app. I viewed the articles you referenced and they are clear, but nothing I do produces any result similar to the demo in article videos. Maybe I’m just too stupid
    It is opening an instance of Microsoft Edge - and it should be no different than as if you opened Microsoft Edge itself. See Leo's picture.

    in addition, see this picture.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sets #1.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	180411

    In it, the bigger window in the background is an actual Microsoft Edge window. The smaller window in the middle is actually a Command Prompt window, into which I've opened a Sets tab of Microsoft Edge (default behavior when just pressing the big plus sign that I have marked).

    Edge does not have a SETS tab button because, well, it *is* Edge, so it is a normal new tab button.

    Now, if you go back to the pic posted earlier where someone said you have it installed, the picture of the Settings window has that same + button to open a new Microsoft Edge instance in a new 'tab' - THAT is what SETS is all about currently.

    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17618 - Mar. 7 Insider - Page 11 - Windows 10 Forums

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    For now you have to use the search bar, after you use it for a while, the most frequently used apps appear simply by clicking on the search bar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frecuent.gif 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	180404
    It is not ideal, but remember that this is the beginning, and will improve over time.
    Also, you can turn off that feature in Edge settings, as well as turn off the feed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 1,489
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       10 Mar 2018 #129

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    For now you have to use the search bar, after you use it for a while, the most frequently used apps appear simply by clicking on the search bar.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frecuent.gif 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	180404
    It is not ideal, but remember that this is the beginning, and will improve over time.
    Leo, thanks. OK, Now I get some idea of how it works. I have avoided edge so much because I don't find it useful for everyday browsing. So maybe this is part of my obstacle. But I thank you. I can see the Word app that I had opened. So as I open other apps, I should be able to see them.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    UPDATE 3/7: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17618 - Mar. 7 Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 3/6: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17115 - Mar. 6 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 963919177181360128 ...
    UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
    913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
    903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50.
    Find Us