Windows 10: the handle is invalid HELP! Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    09 Aug 2015 #1

    the handle is invalid HELP!


    Hey guys,

    So i just started up my laptop and i tried logging in but it won't let me.
    I type in my password perfectly, but it keeps giving the handle is invalid message.
    What is this. So basicly i can't get into my computer. Can't pass the login screen.
    Tried restarting, tried different keyboards, but it keeps giving me the same message.

    Great thanks to anyone that can help me..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    09 Aug 2015 #2

    Did a search and saw this.... worth a try..


    • Step 1: Press "Win Key+R" and type "cmd" in the "Run" command box and hit enter to open command prompt.
    • Step 2: Type the command "net user UserName NewPassword", in the command prompt and hit "Enter". If you want to remove this password, just replace NewPassword with *.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    09 Aug 2015 #3

    hey man!

    At first thanks for your reply!

    So i fixed this by holding shift and clicking restart at the power button.
    And for some reason it started updating my system and now i can just normally log in
    So yea it's solved
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    23 Aug 2015 #4

    Jordan, thank you for posting your fix. I just had that problem and holding just the power down didn't force it. I saw your post. So I held shift/power and it started to reboot. Problem solved. Everything up and running again. Thank You. Sharon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    03 Oct 2015 #5

    I have the same problem, i upgraded from 8.1, first i got a black screen before login. Lost all my programs because i had to reinstall from a usb. Then i got a black screen after log in, task manager running explorer.exe gave me my screen back, restarted and now my pass word gives me invalid handle. Shift/restart is not working, even reseting PC is not working. Ive got 14 gig of photos to edit before the end of next week. Wish i never upgraded
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    21 Oct 2015 #6

    Rasper101 said: View Post
    I have the same problem, i upgraded from 8.1, first i got a black screen before login. Lost all my programs because i had to reinstall from a usb. Then i got a black screen after log in, task manager running explorer.exe gave me my screen back, restarted and now my pass word gives me invalid handle. Shift/restart is not working, even reseting PC is not working. Ive got 14 gig of photos to edit before the end of next week. Wish i never upgraded
    I have exactly the the same problem, so cross I can't get in at all and fix after fix just gives creates a different problem. The above solution doesn't work for me.... Wish I had ignored the constant messages to upgrade
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    12 Feb 2016 #7

    Lisaworcester said: View Post
    I have exactly the the same problem, so cross I can't get in at all and fix after fix just gives creates a different problem. The above solution doesn't work for me.... Wish I had ignored the constant messages to upgrade
    I had this issue occur on three separate Windows 10 machines in my environment. None of the other fixes described here or other places worked.

    Building on the idea that a Windows Update caused this problem, I was able to boot the machines in to Safe Mode, log on successfully, and I uninstalled KB3135173 and KB3124262. After rebooting back in to normal mode, this solved my issue. Not sure which one of the two updates caused it though. If it happens again I'll find out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    14 Feb 2016 #8

    I concur, this has occurred to multiple machines in our environment. Seems to be related to KB3135174 & or KB3124262, I found a nice step by step at the below site. They posted that it was related to Citrix and XenDesktop but it seems to affect a bit more...
    https://sysoperators.blogspot.com/20...-at-logon.html

    Thanks all for confirming my suspicions about the bad update(s).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    14 Feb 2016 #9

    angryuser said: View Post
    I concur, this has occurred to multiple machines in our environment. Seems to be related to KB3135174 & or KB3124262, I found a nice step by step at the below site. They posted that it was related to Citrix and XenDesktop but it seems to affect a bit more...
    https://sysoperators.blogspot.com/20...-at-logon.html

    Thanks all for confirming my suspicions about the bad update(s).
    All three machines I had this issue with did indeed have the 7.6.300 Citrix VDA installed. I'll be updating them to 7.7 tonight to prevent the issue going forward.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    11 May 2016 #10

    Windows 10 Handle is invalid with no power option


    Sharon said: View Post
    Jordan, thank you for posting your fix. I just had that problem and holding just the power down didn't force it. I saw your post. So I held shift/power and it started to reboot. Problem solved. Everything up and running again. Thank You. Sharon.
    Hi,

    I have the same problem of Windows telling me "Handle is invalid", i recently had a BSOD - Bad System config problem and it would go into the repair options and hence using one of the threads where they guided me to do a repair and it worked, now when i logon, it says "Handle is invalid" and i do not have the Power Option on my Login screen to hold Shift + Restart to try what has been given, can you help me please...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Win 10 Upgrade Fails: invalid SQM session in Installation and Upgrade
Just attempted an upgrade to Windows 10 from Window 8.1. "Something Happened" was the error :D Got the following errors ... 2015-07-29 22:03:02, Error CDiagnosticsHelper::SetSQMDatapoint: Attempting to set a datapoint...
2890028900 help I had a virus and was forced to do a system restore to 5/august/2015 and when I tried to open .jpg file and "Invalid value for registry" happened I tried some fixes in PowerShell and Photos app and Store app weren't invisible anymore...
Windows 7 key invalid for Windows 10 setup. in Installation and Upgrade
I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 and activated the key, then i installed all of the latest updates. I then downloaded the media creation tool x64 to install windows 10 and when I get to the key activation my key doesn't work. I heard a lot of...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02.
Find Us