How to Reset Quick Access Toolbar to Default in Windows 10 File Explorer
InformationThe Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands that are specified by the application or selected by the user.
Sometimes you may wish to quickly reset QAT in File Explorer back to default. Resetting QAT will remove any command items you added to only have the default items again, and restore QAT to show above the Ribbon.
This tutorial will show you how to reset the Quick Access Toolbar in File Explorer to default for your account in Windows 10.
NoteThe Quick Access Toolbar settings are saved to the QatItems binary value in the registry key below. The downloadable .reg file below deletes this QatItems binary value to reset QAT to default.
EXAMPLE: Default Quick Access Toolbar in File Explorer
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.
3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.
4. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.
5. If File Explorer is currently open, then you can either navigate to another folder or close and reopen File Explorer to apply.
6. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
- How to Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer
- How to Show Quick Access Toolbar Above or Below Ribbon in Windows 10 File Explorer
- How to Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10
- How to Backup and Restore Quick Access Toolbar in Windows 10 File Explorer