Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10  

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
  1. FreeBooter's Avatar
    Posts : 3,980
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #160

    kokkolis said:
    Hello All,

    Just to let you know I have tried to run the scripts Safe Mode for current account (all apps) as well as for all user accounts (again all apps).

    I booted in Safe Mode with network, opened Powershell as an administrator, pasted the command for current user first, and immediately got an error that reads "cannot , On both cases I got an error that reads "unable to start service in Safe Mode" -see screenshot attached..error is in greek but can assure you of exact translation.

    Same error reads when I pasted the command for all users.. Now, it could a fault with my machine only, but thought to let you know anyway.

    I use Windows 20175 (Dev ring).

    Attachment 289981
    Please copy/paste the codes i have posted into Notepad and save it as Re-register_Apps.bat and execute the batch script.
      My Computer

  2. kokkolis's Avatar
    Posts : 28
    Windows 10 x 64
       #161

    FreeBooter said:
    Please copy/paste the codes i have posted into Notepad and save it as Re-register_Apps.bat and execute the batch script.
    Hello Freebooter, thank you for your message, which are the codes you have posted? Do you refer to codes in Option 1/2/3 on page 1 of this thread? How do I execute a file saved as .bat as batch script? And do I do it in Safe Mode?

    Sorry, I 've got a lot to learn..

    - - - Updated - - -

    I should also mention I have tried to execute the code for specific apps as well (not just "all apps / current & all users")... in particular, I have also tried to execute the script for Store and Settings. So, logged in Safe Mode with Network, opened PoweShell as administrator, pasted the script and pressed Enter.

    Same error (attached screenshot), though after the error PowerShell asked me to specify a path.Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10-cannot-run-store-settings-powershell-commands-safe-mode.png
      My Computer

  3. FreeBooter's Avatar
    Posts : 3,980
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #162

    kokkolis said:
    Hello Freebooter, thank you for your message, which are the codes you have posted? Do you refer to codes in Option 1/2/3 on page 1 of this thread? How do I execute a file saved as .bat as batch script? And do I do it in Safe Mode?

    Sorry, I 've got a lot to learn..

    - - - Updated - - -

    I should also mention I have tried to execute the code for specific apps as well (not just "all apps / current & all users")... in particular, I have also tried to execute the script for Store and Settings. So, logged in Safe Mode with Network, opened PoweShell as administrator, pasted the script and pressed Enter.

    Same error (attached screenshot), though after the error PowerShell asked me to specify a path.Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10-cannot-run-store-settings-powershell-commands-safe-mode.png
    You can double-click the batch script to execute it visit below link. Execute the batch script from normal boot mode.

    Reinstall all the Windows 10 Default Apps with Batch Script
      My Computer

  4. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,927
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #163

    @Brink- it seems re-registration (of nominally installed apps) does indeed fail in Safe Mode. It looks as if there's good justification to add a note to the tutorial this cannot be done in Safe Mode.

    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10-1.png

    (The message is different if the app has been uninstalled).

    Powershell works in Safe Mode, but perhaps there is an underlying service (referred to in the error) that is not running.

    For 'desktop programs' it's possible to enable the installer service in Safe Mode. I'm wondering if there's any equivalent here.

    Thanks.
      My Computers

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,295
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #164

    dalchina said:
    @Brink- it seems re-registration (of nominally installed apps) does indeed fail in Safe Mode. It looks as if there's good justification to add a note to the tutorial this cannot be done in Safe Mode.

    (The message is different if the app has been uninstalled).

    Powershell works in Safe Mode, but perhaps there is an underlying service (referred to in the error) that is not running.

    For 'desktop programs' it's possible to enable the installer service in Safe Mode. I'm wondering if there's any equivalent here.

    Thanks.
    Thank you dalchina.

    I'm seeing the same thing in Safe Mode. Note added to the top of the tutorial for this.
      My Computers

  6. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,927
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #165

      My Computers


  7. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #166

    Hi all,

    I tried command
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    It works. However I would like to run from cmd via batch.

    Code:
    powershell -Command "& {Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}}"
    I fail with error below. Yeah I can use call PS script, but It is a little bit overkill have a PS script for this and allow running unsigned script etc.

    Have somebody idea why batch file fail with the error

    Code:
    Add-AppxPackage : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '\AppXManifest.xml'.
    At line:1 char:41
    + ... s| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $($_.In ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [Add-AppxPackage], ParameterBindingException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PositionalParameterNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackag
       eCommand
      My Computer

  8. FreeBooter's Avatar
    Posts : 3,980
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #167

    You can have a look and use my batch script at post 150.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #168

    FreeBooter said:
    You can have a look and use my batch script at post 150.
    Hello FreeBooter,

    Thanks for your advice. I saw all solution from this thread include of yours. However, I want to solve more simply. That is a main reason why I ask here.
      My Computer

  10. FreeBooter's Avatar
    Posts : 3,980
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #169

    MrBlonde said:
    Hello FreeBooter,

    Thanks for your advice. I saw all solution from this thread include of yours. However, I want to solve more simply. That is a main reason why I ask here.
    Some characters are reserved in the command line, including @ < > & | ^. Before you use these characters, you must escape them with the caret symbol (^).
      My Computer


 
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:21.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums