Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 230
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista
       14 Sep 2015 #41

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    Get it here, download from Microsoft but a manual installation is needed:
    https://matthill.eu/tutorials/instal...d-player-free/
    Nice' I knew somebody could get around M$'s stupid policies regarding this "app".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 290
    Windows 10 Pro
       14 Sep 2015 #42

    Thanks for the instructions. While I don't have optical drives anymore on my pc's anymore, I have often wondered why they opted to have their OS not play DVDs by default. It is most likely licensing, but it seemed like quite a fundamental task.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 89
    Windows 10 Pro
       14 Sep 2015 #43

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    Get it here, download from Microsoft but a manual installation is needed:
    https://matthill.eu/tutorials/instal...d-player-free/
    Interesting. I had wondered if it was possible to "transplant" Metro apps from one machine to another, especially the special ones that aren't in the store.

    This seems like piracy to me though, since it's normally a $15 app... but if the mods allow it then OK :P

    I wonder if you can do the same trick for promotional stuff not in the store, like the OEM apps that come with laptops and stuff. Don't ask why I want to do that, it's mainly a proof of concept so I can set up a virtual Windows 10 with all the OEM stuff on it, imagine having Dell, HP, Samsung, Sony etc all fighting over whos demo app runs first
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,194
    Windows 10 IoT
       14 Sep 2015 #44

    The first time I logged into my ASUS Laptop with my Microsoft account, all the preinstalled junk Apps were immediately added to "My Library" under my account in the Microsoft store. I'd like to get ride of most of them but can't. I can uninstall them from my PC, but there is no way to remove the entry for them in the "My Library" section.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    I'm in the ghetto
    Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       14 Sep 2015 #45

    hey @alphanumeric

    Just an idea.

    Are you able to remove the apps from within your MS account (by logging in)? I know you can remove devices but don't know about apps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 89
    Windows 10 Pro
       14 Sep 2015 #46

    WhyMe said: View Post
    hey @alphanumeric

    Just an idea.

    Are you able to remove the apps from within your MS account (by logging in)? I know you can remove devices but don't know about apps.
    I don't think you can. I have that same problem. Stupid games like Candy Crush in my account that I've never installed ever...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,602
    Windows 3.1 to Windows 10
       14 Sep 2015 #47

    bobjoe said: View Post
    Nice' I knew somebody could get around M$'s stupid policies regarding this "app".
    post 25
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,194
    Windows 10 IoT
       14 Sep 2015 #48

    WhyMe said: View Post
    hey @alphanumeric

    Just an idea.

    Are you able to remove the apps from within your MS account (by logging in)? I know you can remove devices but don't know about apps.
    No, you can't, that's my beef. Most of those Apps listed there, I never ever used and immediately uninstalled the first time I logged in. Same deal if you try an App, and don't like it. You can uninstall it from your device but its forever yours in My Library. My Library is almost useless for me now, its littered with junk I'll never install again making it a pain to find the few I do want and use.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    I'm in the ghetto
    Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       14 Sep 2015 #49

    Yeah I was just about to post that. I had a quick look-see and it's not possible. I've even got multiple entries for a single app that I have never used and don't want!!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 230
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista
       14 Sep 2015 #50

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    No, you can't, that's my beef. Most of those Apps listed there, I never ever used and immediately uninstalled the first time I logged in. Same deal if you try an App, and don't like it. You can uninstall it from your device but its forever yours in My Library. My Library is almost useless for me now, its littered with junk I'll never install again making it a pain to find the few I do want and use.
    Ok, so it looks like MS takes the same approach that Apple takes. You cannot remove downloaded apps from Apple account or MS account.

    Interestingly, only Google Play allows the user to remove apps from their account.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows DVD Player Skipping
I was watching a DVD using the Windows DVD Player, and the movie kept skipping. I thought it was a damaged DVD that Netflix sent me, so I sent the DVD back for a replacement. When I received the replacement today, it was also skipping. Then it...
Software and Apps
Windows 10 Media player?
from what i was reading i thought windows media player was going to be removed from windows but when i upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 pro insider build i still have the media player and it still works.
Software and Apps
Windows DVD Player
So I have upgraded from a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and according to KB Article 3081704 I should be able to get it. Any reason why I only see $14.99 on the windows store?
Software and Apps
Music in Windows 7 Media Player transferred to Windows 10 Player ?
​I have a lot of music saved into Windows Media Player on Windows 7. I am aware that the new Windows 10 Upgrade will not have Windows Media Player, but that another player will either come within the Upgrade or a new music player is available. So...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums