Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

  1. Posts : 12
    Windows
    Thread Starter
       #31

    My heat sink is not near the CPU so thats not the problem. Thanks for trying to help me tho!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 3,957
    Windows 7 HP 64 - Windows 10 Pro - Lubuntu
       #32

    overstand said:
    My heat sink is not near the CPU so thats not the problem. Thanks for trying to help me tho!
    Hi overstand, can you explain what you meant?
    The heat sink is always attached OVER the CPU.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 12
    Windows
    Thread Starter
       #33

    Megahertz said:
    Hi overstand, can you explain what you meant?
    The heat sink is always attached OVER the CPU.
    Oh nevermind I thought of something else, you mean the fan above the CPU? Its clean and well around 1000 RPM
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,957
    Windows 7 HP 64 - Windows 10 Pro - Lubuntu
       #34

    overstand said:
    Oh nevermind I thought of something else, you mean the fan above the CPU? Its clean and well around 1000 RPM
    Between the fan and the CPU you have a heat sink.
    You have 4 "legs" that fix to the MB. Are they tight?
    Last edited by Megahertz; 13 Jul 2020 at 13:47.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 12
    Windows
    Thread Starter
       #35

    I applied new thermal paste and it is still as hot as before, when starting its 70C and it just shutdown...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Nvm it has been fixed, thermal paste was the problem
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 47
    Win 10 64
       #36

    overstand said:
    I applied new thermal paste and it is still as hot as before, when starting its 70C and it just shutdown...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Nvm it has been fixed, thermal paste was the problem
    Great to hear the thermal paste helped fix it! What did you do differently the second time to get it to work?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 3,957
    Windows 7 HP 64 - Windows 10 Pro - Lubuntu
       #37

    XXLMandalorian said:
    Great to hear the thermal paste helped fix it! What did you do differently the second time to get it to work?
    If it's of good quality and is well applied, thermal paste never needs to be replaced.
    Replacing 7 Year Old Thermal Paste - Does it make a difference? - YouTube
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 12
    Windows
    Thread Starter
       #38

    The there was some space between the thermal paste and the CPU first time so there was space between it and the heat from the CPU couldn’t go anywhere
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 47
    Win 10 64
       #39

    Megahertz said:
    If it's of good quality and is well applied, thermal paste never needs to be replaced.
    Replacing 7 Year Old Thermal Paste - Does it make a difference? - YouTube
    Yep yep, but who knows what brand/quality was used and if the OP put it on originally or if it was from a factory and if it was done right the first time. Also, the dude in the video says you may need to change it and recommends changing it before seven years anyway though in his case it made no difference.

    - - - Updated - - -

    overstand said:
    The there was some space between the thermal paste and the CPU first time so there was space between it and the heat from the CPU couldn’t go anywhere
    Had that happen to me a few times hahah.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:37.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums