Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    11 Sep 2017 #11
    Join Date : May 2014
    Cross Plains, WI
    Posts : 315
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by McSweg View Post
    Attachment 152687


    aAttachment 152689 whats wrong

    Hey guys! I figured out how to update it

    Hopefully it fixes it, will report results
    Looks like your SFC found some issues. Sometimes it takes running it more than once to fix everything. Like I had suggested before, run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. After running this, run SFC again and see if it can fix all the issues.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    11 Sep 2017 #12
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 44
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by ArazelEternal View Post
    Looks like your SFC found some issues. Sometimes it takes running it more than once to fix everything. Like I had suggested before, run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. After running this, run SFC again and see if it can fix all the issues.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	152863
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	152864


    Also, I did the chkdsk C: /F /R but it didn't do anything.

    It got stuck at 21% every single time and when ever I restart my PC it constantly starts scanning. Not sure how to stop it.
    Last edited by McSweg; 11 Sep 2017 at 18:40.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    12 Sep 2017 #13
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 3
    windows 10 (creator)

    After you have tried the other suggestions and are still experiencing networking drops, if you are connecting wirelessly, look into tweaking your adapter's signal configuration. You can easily change the intensity of your Roaming Broadcast. I implemented this fix with outstanding results. If your network connection is Ethernet, unplug the RJ45 interface and let the copper discharge its capacitance for at least 10 minutes, reinsert the Ethernet cable, reboot or rescan to acquire adapter autoconfig; then your networking should respond like new.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    13 Sep 2017 #14
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 44
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by cptblah View Post
    unplug the RJ45 interface and let the copper discharge its capacitance for at least 10 minutes, reinsert the Ethernet cable, reboot or rescan to acquire adapter autoconfig; then your networking should respond like new.


    im running wired (ethernet) but what do you mean rj45 interface? copper discharge? reboot/rescan to acquire adapter autoconfig?
    wat?

    what is a adapter autoconfig, what am i suppose to scan what do i do exactly? can u dumb it down for me
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    13 Sep 2017 #15
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 3
    windows 10 (creator)

    I will assume you had networking up and running for a while, and have started to experience problems. I also assume you have no other devices using your router. If you have another device and it is experiencing networking problems, this solution probably won't help. If your network is a single device installation, the following steps could solve your problem.

    Turn your computer off entirely (preferably, unplug the power cord from the wall as well). Unplug the Ethernet cable from both your computer and router and go to lunch. After you come back, DO NOT TURN ON YOUR COMPUTER. First, plug the Ethernet cable into your router; second, plug the Ethernet cable into your computer; third, plug the power into your computer; fourth, turn your computer on. Instantiating the OS should auto-configure your network card. You will see your router communicating this configuration -- probably by red and green lights flashing at the router. Wait at least 10 minutes for all the necessary configurations to establish continuity, and your networking should return to normal. If this solution does not prove satisfactory, there may be issues at the demarcation point. A DOS query of the routing table will reveal issues at the extranet. Below is the syntax for that command:


    route
    [-f] [-p] [Command [Destination] [mask Netmask] [Gateway] [metric Metric]] [if Interface]]

    ipconfig -a is another good command to use in diagnosing extranet issues

    There is always the possibility that the Ethernet cable has developed resistance along the wire. Look for kinks in the cable and/or breaks in the sheathing. A new E6 cable between your computer and router would be a cheap solution and provide a superhighway for your communication.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    16 Sep 2017 #16
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 44
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by cptblah View Post
    I will assume you had networking up and running for a while, and have started to experience problems. I also assume you have no other devices using your router. If you have another device and it is experiencing networking problems, this solution probably won't help. If your network is a single device installation, the following steps could solve your problem.

    Turn your computer off entirely (preferably, unplug the power cord from the wall as well). Unplug the Ethernet cable from both your computer and router and go to lunch. After you come back, DO NOT TURN ON YOUR COMPUTER. First, plug the Ethernet cable into your router; second, plug the Ethernet cable into your computer; third, plug the power into your computer; fourth, turn your computer on. Instantiating the OS should auto-configure your network card. You will see your router communicating this configuration -- probably by red and green lights flashing at the router. Wait at least 10 minutes for all the necessary configurations to establish continuity, and your networking should return to normal. If this solution does not prove satisfactory, there may be issues at the demarcation point. A DOS query of the routing table will reveal issues at the extranet. Below is the syntax for that command:


    route
    [-f] [-p] [Command [Destination] [mask Netmask] [Gateway] [metric Metric]] [if Interface]]

    ipconfig -a is another good command to use in diagnosing extranet issues

    There is always the possibility that the Ethernet cable has developed resistance along the wire. Look for kinks in the cable and/or breaks in the sheathing. A new E6 cable between your computer and router would be a cheap solution and provide a superhighway for your communication.
    None of that worked. Internet still goes off.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    16 Sep 2017 #17
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 3
    windows 10 (creator)

    The question now becomes: is it a router issue or local? To check the router communication, just use a device you know communicates reliably over the net. Do you us VOIP to communicate on your landline home phone or watch Netflix by ROKU or use XBOX for gaming? If these peripheral devices communicate properly with the internet, the problem is local. If none of these devices can communicate, call your ISP. Check your router status for error lights. RED lights is generally an indication of errors. When in doubt about router issues, call your ISP. A forum like this cannot help efficiently with router issues.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    16 Sep 2017 #18
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Posts : 43
    Win 10 home version 1703

    To repair using dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth commands windows automatically tries to get the files needed thru windows update. You must have current internet for this or you must use the "dism restorehealth" command line specifying a location of source files such as an installation disk/usb drive. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows /LimitAccess . Change SourceC): to the letter of the drive with the source files needed. Might try substituting startcomponentcleanup for "restorehealth" as well and then run the restore health option. Try running some ipconfig commands. ipconfig or ipconfig /all will list your adapters and current info on them such as connections, etc. Try running ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew. These will reset your adapter. To get to the power settings referred to earlier in this thread use device manager(right click start to access it). Click on network adapters and then right click the one you are using for your internet. Left click properties. Power management will have the "disconnect to save power when not in use". Untick this. While at the adapter properties check the driver to see if it is current. You can check for driver updates there. You can also type Network Connections in the search box. Click on the desktop application network connections. My laptop shows network connections/web results immediately but it changes to the destop application 04-1 network connections in a few seconds. When at network connections double click your ethernet connection to access the adapter settings in the status window. You will also have options to diagnose which should be done. Might also look to see if if you have IPv4 ethernet and/ or IPv6 ethernet. IPv6 is newer/faster but not all ISP's currently use it. If your provider does not supply IPv6 then you need to disable this version. To do this go to the bottom left of the ethernet status window that is open and click on properties. There you will find IPv4 and IPv6 listed. Untick IPv6 and see if this fixes your issues. Not sure if you have to restart to implement these changes. Always restart after sfc /scannow repairs and dism repairs.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    17 Sep 2017 #19
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 44
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by cptblah View Post
    The question now becomes: is it a router issue or local? To check the router communication, just use a device you know communicates reliably over the net. Do you us VOIP to communicate on your landline home phone or watch Netflix by ROKU or use XBOX for gaming? If these peripheral devices communicate properly with the internet, the problem is local. If none of these devices can communicate, call your ISP. Check your router status for error lights. RED lights is generally an indication of errors. When in doubt about router issues, call your ISP. A forum like this cannot help efficiently with router issues.

    It's my PC. My other devices work fine when the internet goes out for a few minutes. Works fine on my phone etc..

    I don't have netflix, roku, xbox cant afford those. I only have a PC and phones connected to the internet.

    My pc, ethernet cable, router are all pretty new.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    17 Sep 2017 #20
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 44
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by gcwizard View Post
    To repair using dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth commands windows automatically tries to get the files needed thru windows update. You must have current internet for this or you must use the "dism restorehealth" command line specifying a location of source files such as an installation disk/usb drive. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\test\mount\windows /LimitAccess . Change SourceC): to the letter of the drive with the source files needed. Might try substituting startcomponentcleanup for "restorehealth" as well and then run the restore health option. Try running some ipconfig commands. ipconfig or ipconfig /all will list your adapters and current info on them such as connections, etc. Try running ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew. These will reset your adapter. To get to the power settings referred to earlier in this thread use device manager(right click start to access it). Click on network adapters and then right click the one you are using for your internet. Left click properties. Power management will have the "disconnect to save power when not in use". Untick this. While at the adapter properties check the driver to see if it is current. You can check for driver updates there. You can also type Network Connections in the search box. Click on the desktop application network connections. My laptop shows network connections/web results immediately but it changes to the destop application 04-1 network connections in a few seconds. When at network connections double click your ethernet connection to access the adapter settings in the status window. You will also have options to diagnose which should be done. Might also look to see if if you have IPv4 ethernet and/ or IPv6 ethernet. IPv6 is newer/faster but not all ISP's currently use it. If your provider does not supply IPv6 then you need to disable this version. To do this go to the bottom left of the ethernet status window that is open and click on properties. There you will find IPv4 and IPv6 listed. Untick IPv6 and see if this fixes your issues. Not sure if you have to restart to implement these changes. Always restart after sfc /scannow repairs and dism repairs.


    I went to power management and unchecked the thing u said so ill report results later.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	153790
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Laptop randomly stops working and then starts working again
So my laptop stops working suddenly and then randomly starts working after 15-20 days for about 2-3 months. This has happened to me 3 times now. No lights come on in the system, I cannot enter BIOS mode, I tried to drain the residual battery and...
General Support
Wi-Fi - randomly stops working and cannot connect to internet message
I Hope that somebody can help with this one ... Randomly my Wi-Fi Internet stops working, with a not connected icon in the system tray. When i click on the icon the network is there in the list. I Click on connect and then i get a 'Cannot...
Network and Sharing
audio randomly stops working
Hello all, My computer is currently connected to my Vizio E420-A0 TV (HDMI). My audio randomly stops working and the display audio device disappears. When it works I can see it in device manager: 122173 122174 And when it stops working it...
Drivers and Hardware
Cannot ping or tracert But internet works fine...
Computer gets online fine, can not ping or tracert. Tried default DNS and custom 8.8.8.8 - 8.8.4.4. Problem persist with AV on or off. Microsoft Windows (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>tracert...
Network and Sharing
Mic Stops working randomly while using Windows 10
It all started when I installed Windows 10 on release day. (I was using windows 7 before). I downloaded mumble and then all my games and started playing with friends. After a while I noticed that my friends weren't responding to me I alt tabbed and...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:12.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums