Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       28 Nov 2015 #21

    The current series looks the same physically, there is nothing indicating it is the .R other than the price sticker from the store as they all come in the plastic holder. The actual model and .R is only on the box that the resellers receive with a quantity of cards. I've never figured out how to get Wireless working in Linux or *BSD as I was already on a GiGe ethernet connection anyways and I had a Atheros card(s), that was when Intel wasn't good for Wireless but the best for wired in the 1990s.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 3,062
    EL Capitan
       29 Nov 2015 #22

    The latest Linux Kernels have the Intel adapters that are known to be used, coded in. This is the list of current supported Intel Wifi drivers supported by Linux. en:users:drivers:iwlwifi [Linux Wireless]

    Code:
    02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev 73)	Subsystem: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
    	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    	Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 43
    	Region 0: Memory at f0200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
    	Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
    		Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    		Status: D0 NoSoftRst- PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
    	Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    		Address: 00000000fee0100c  Data: 41b1
    	Capabilities: [40] Express (v2) Endpoint, MSI 00
    		DevCap:	MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <512ns, L1 unlimited
    			ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset+
    		DevCtl:	Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
    			RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr+ NoSnoop+ FLReset-
    			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
    		DevSta:	CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr+ TransPend-
    		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <4us, L1 <32us
    			ClockPM+ Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
    		LnkCtl:	ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
    			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
    		LnkSta:	Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
    		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range B, TimeoutDis+, LTR+, OBFF Via WAKE#
    		DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 16ms to 55ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Disabled
    		LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 2.5GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
    			 Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
    			 Compliance De-emphasis: -6dB
    		LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete-, EqualizationPhase1-
    			 EqualizationPhase2-, EqualizationPhase3-, LinkEqualizationRequest-
    	Capabilities: [100 v1] Advanced Error Reporting
    		UESta:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
    		UEMsk:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
    		UESvrt:	DLP+ SDES+ TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
    		CESta:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
    		CEMsk:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
    		AERCap:	First Error Pointer: 00, GenCap- CGenEn- ChkCap- ChkEn-
    	Capabilities: [140 v1] Device Serial Number 0c-8b-fd-ff-ff-d5-7a-a5
    	Capabilities: [14c v1] Latency Tolerance Reporting
    		Max snoop latency: 0ns
    		Max no snoop latency: 0ns
    	Capabilities: [154 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=cafe Rev=1 Len=014 <?>
    	Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi
    Code:
    02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 [8086:08b1] (rev 73)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       29 Nov 2015 #23

    bro67 said: View Post
    The latest Linux Kernels have the Intel adapters that are known to be used, coded in. This is the list of current supported Intel Wifi drivers supported by Linux. en:users:drivers:iwlwifi [Linux Wireless]

    Code:
    02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev 73)    Subsystem: Intel Corporation Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
        Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
        Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 43
        Region 0: Memory at f0200000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
        Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
            Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
            Status: D0 NoSoftRst- PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
        Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
            Address: 00000000fee0100c  Data: 41b1
        Capabilities: [40] Express (v2) Endpoint, MSI 00
            DevCap:    MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <512ns, L1 unlimited
                ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset+
            DevCtl:    Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
                RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr+ NoSnoop+ FLReset-
                MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
            DevSta:    CorrErr+ UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr+ TransPend-
            LnkCap:    Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <4us, L1 <32us
                ClockPM+ Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
            LnkCtl:    ASPM L1 Enabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
                ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
            LnkSta:    Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
            DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Range B, TimeoutDis+, LTR+, OBFF Via WAKE#
            DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 16ms to 55ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Disabled
            LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 2.5GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
                 Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
                 Compliance De-emphasis: -6dB
            LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -3.5dB, EqualizationComplete-, EqualizationPhase1-
                 EqualizationPhase2-, EqualizationPhase3-, LinkEqualizationRequest-
        Capabilities: [100 v1] Advanced Error Reporting
            UESta:    DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
            UEMsk:    DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
            UESvrt:    DLP+ SDES+ TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
            CESta:    RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
            CEMsk:    RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- NonFatalErr+
            AERCap:    First Error Pointer: 00, GenCap- CGenEn- ChkCap- ChkEn-
        Capabilities: [140 v1] Device Serial Number 0c-8b-fd-ff-ff-d5-7a-a5
        Capabilities: [14c v1] Latency Tolerance Reporting
            Max snoop latency: 0ns
            Max no snoop latency: 0ns
        Capabilities: [154 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=cafe Rev=1 Len=014 <?>
        Kernel driver in use: iwlwifi
    Code:
    02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 [8086:08b1] (rev 73)
    The driver is not my concern. I'm on static IP as my machine actually serves as a server which is why I prefer the 1Gbps built-in Intel Ethernet. I just never figured out how to do DHCP on the WiFi side.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 3,062
    EL Capitan
       29 Nov 2015 #24

    I pass through the DHCP from the Cisco Router through the Engenius A/P. The A/P has a static, so that it will never change IP's on me. I set the Static on the A/P. Then the Edge Router keeps it sticky in its table.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 3,062
    EL Capitan
       29 Nov 2015 #25

    The one good thing is that with Linux, you get more diagnostic info as you can see.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       30 Nov 2015 #26

    Didn't work :-(
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10
       30 Nov 2015 #27

    nigelmercier said: View Post
    Try turning off IPv6
    I will try this n let you you know if it works
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       02 Dec 2015 #28

    bro67 said: View Post
    I pass through the DHCP from the Cisco Router through the Engenius A/P. The A/P has a static, so that it will never change IP's on me. I set the Static on the A/P. Then the Edge Router keeps it sticky in its table.
    I never really looked into it as I prefer wired to wireless since I don't physically use the FreeBSD machine anyways except through ssh. I've always used static IPs on both Linux and FreeBSD on wired connections so wireless is something I never really had time to go figure out especially when it concerns DHCP as I haven't needed to use DHCP on anything with my CIDR/27 block.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : May 2015
    Central IL
    Posts : 3,062
    EL Capitan
       02 Dec 2015 #29

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    I never really looked into it as I prefer wired to wireless since I don't physically use the FreeBSD machine anyways except through ssh. I've always used static IPs on both Linux and FreeBSD on wired connections so wireless is something I never really had time to go figure out especially when it concerns DHCP as I haven't needed to use DHCP on anything with my CIDR/27 block.
    All of the following are wired devices: 2 A/P's, 3 Streaming devices, a Desktop. Then of course at the shelf downstairs, there is the NAS, a Sam Knows box, Lantronix Airprint server, Engenius POE injector for the Engenius A/P.

    I posted an updated picture of my network setup downstairs. The biggest issue I kept running into with the Gateway sitting on the metal shelf. Was that I was finding condensation underneath it. So I used a couple pieces of 1/4 round to help lift the Gateway up just enough to get some airflow under it.

    Unless I go to a Domain setup. The Sticky IP's on the Cisco are holding up well, unless I have to do a table clear because of conflicts. The roaming devices like tablets, laptops, smartphones are the only devices that have Dynamic IP's on my network. Right now I just cannot see going 100% static, unless I start running into some major issues, or decide to play around with a Domain controller and Radius. If I decide to do that, I would use a Raspberry PI for that part.

    I have gotten to where I really do not want to spend 8 hours a day dealing with the network, so I made it as simple as I could.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 806
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       02 Dec 2015 #30

    The last time I attempted to do a Wifi DHCP on FreeBSD was in the early 2000's, already have enough things to so didn't really mess with it as I run and own a ISP that I control remotely so it was already busy enough getting new boxes configured remotely to worry about the wifi as the notebook never moves since it sits under the table and with the Cisco 10GiGE Catalyst switch less than 3 feet away and the WiFi router routes back to same FreeBSD machine which is the outgoing gateway so the WiFi from the same machine won't serve any purpose as it's already providing WAN services and besides, it could be the card being a Atheros was not fully supported as these are not the Atheros that one buys but it was taken out of a Netgear FWAG114 Business WiFi router which had the SuperG 108Mbps except the SuperG didn't work in Windows XP either so the cards might be made to work only in the router as all I can get from it was 54Mbps. Tutorials didn't begin to be available another 10 years later... Basically, I'm talking about something from 15-16 years ago.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Wifi connectivity issues in Windows 10
I updated my Dell Inspiron 15(3521) from Windows 8.1 to windows 10 a few days back. Wi-fi connectivity shows limited. But the ethernet works fine. Please help me on this. I get the following error message upon troubleshooting. "The connection...
Network and Sharing
Laptop connects to wifi-sense TWC Wifi network, despite my settings
I have Windows 10 Home, fully updated. My next-door neighbor rents his cable modem from Time Warner, so there's an open network called TWC Wifi (and also a Cable Wifi). I have never manually connected to this network, and it doesn't show up in...
Network and Sharing
Random Wifi Drops; Default Gateway issues
Hey all, first time poster, short time lurker. I have just recently gotten a computer with Windows 10 preinstalled (A Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series) and for the most part, I've been in love with it since I got it, except for one problem that renders...
Network and Sharing
Issues with ethernet connection - internet slower than on WiFi
I have a desktop pc in room 1 which up until now has been connecting fine to the internet via WiFi from the router (DrayTek Vigor2710ne) in room 2. I was getting acceptable speeds using WiFi but in an effort to see if I could get a faster...
Network and Sharing
Solved Upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 - WiFi Issues
I just finished upgrading my Dell 1545 from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My WiFi is connected and I don't have any trouble accessing the internet through Chrome, Spotify, and iTunes. However, when I click on the Getting Started button to connect my...
Network and Sharing
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums