Can I have multiple versions of MS word at the same time?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

1. Posts : 4,201
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Latest RP

It should be - windows defender has come a long way in it's later versions, and as long as Malwarebytes is working for you, (Version 3 can be a little troublesome), and they are fully updated - together they should be enough,

This is in addition, of course to good internet practice, especially relating to Offers you see for Free Templates, and other word add-ons, that are most likely to contain malware - also you need to be careful sharing any files with anyone you do not know and trust

Another good practice is if you download anything from the internet or from an email from any source - Right click on the file and run a specific scan on the file with either Defender or Malwarebytes or preferably both
      My Computers

2. Posts : 31,675
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)

Mystere said:
    Honestly, I'm not sure if Word 2002 (Was that even a version?) can be installed on Windows 10. That's a 15 year old program...
    There was a 2002 version of Office, but it was officially named as Office XP - long past the end of support, in fact Office 2007 reaches end of extended support on 10 Oct. this year.

Older version of Office can be made to run on Windows 10, apparently....
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...2-2c36cdb1936c

Perhaps a more up to date solution to provide a Word-like experience without the 'ribbon' gui would be LibreOffice.
      My Computers

3. Posts : 14,022
    Win10 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro and Home, Win7, Linux Mint

The only issue I've had with Office 2010 was with FrontPage 2003. Seems the new [first time available] 64-bit version of Office didn't want to play fair with the 32-bit FrontPage so had to uninstall FP.
      My Computers

4. Posts : 26,453
    Windows 11 Pro 22631.3527

I have Office 2010 Pro but I don't use it on Windows 10. It takes up way too much disk space.
      My Computer

5. Posts : 14,022
    Win10 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro and Home, Win7, Linux Mint

Josey Wales said:
    I have Office 2010 Pro but I don't use it on Windows 10. It takes up way too much disk space.
    Yeah, even if installing on a second drive or partition it still likes to put quite a bit of itself on the same partition as Windows, probably because of the integration with the OS.
      My Computers