Office 2016 pro problems

1. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 64 bit

Office 2016 pro problems

Office 2016 had a glitch that caused problems with both word and publisher (non loading of programs etc)
    was there ever a definative answer to overcome them? I believe I have tried most suggested work arounds but without success.
    I have 2 pc's that are completely troublefree + 2 Pc's that have this issue - all windows 10Pro 4 bit.
    Were later 2019 & 2021 ok, or did the glitches continue?
    Thanks in advance for yout comments and help.
    22H2 (19045.3031)
      My Computer

2. Posts : 17,015
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170

You've tried
    Repair an Office application - MSSupport
    I suppose.

I assume you checked for the presence of an expired MSOffice trial installation and removed it.
    You don't mention having reinstalled your MSOffice 2016.
    Uninstall Office from a PC - Office Support
    Download and install or reinstall Office - MSSupport

I never had this glitch in 2016 and have not had it in 2021 either.

Denis
      My Computer

3. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 64 bit

Thanks for your comments - yes I have done the usual basics - repair / uninstall/ and re-install on more than one occasion.
    Before installation I have ensured that all previous traces of office have been removed. Have looked at many online suggestions, tried them without any result.
    I wish to avoid going to 365, not wishing to pay a monthly or annual payment. I get the impression that MS will try to get us all to transfer to repetitive payment streams in the near future.
    Perhaps Libre office ???
    Last edited by PoloNut; 02 Jun 2023 at 10:22. Reason: typo
      My Computer

4. Posts : 17,015
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 22H2 Build 19045.4170

I still use MSOffice 2007.
    I used MSOffice 2016 for over a year. It was not as good as 2007.
    I also bought MSOffice 2021 quite cheaply as a one-off purchase so I'd understand threads about current versions. It is also not as good as 2007.

If you do not need MSOffice then LibreOffice is a good choice.
    I use MSOffice Outlook and I have a lot of VBA code written in my MSOffice applications so switching is not an option for me.
    Note also that some people have recommended LibreOffice as being a better choice than OpenOffice.
    about LibreOffice [Bree #2] - TenForums
    LibreOffice vs OpenOffice [RickC #30] - TenForums

Perhaps you'd get some useful results if you searched the forum for Word not loading / starting or similar.
    https://www.tenforums.com/search.php...e=vBForum_Post

Best of luck,
    Denis
      My Computer