Jump Lists: ‘Remove from this list’ not working with MS Office items

1. Posts : 99
    Windows 10 Home Version 22H2

Jump Lists: ‘Remove from this list’ not working with MS Office items

When I right click on a Taskbar icon, I see the jump list. Most of the jump lists allow you to ‘Remove from this list’, as show just below.
    -most-jump-lists.png

However, the jump lists on my Microsoft Word and Excel do not have that option, as per this illustration:
    -msoffice-jump-list.png

Is there a setting somewhere that prevents or enables the ‘Remove from this list’ taskbar jump list option with Word/Excel (i.e. MS Office)?
    Windows 10 Version 21H2
    Microsoft Office 2019 Version: 18.2110.13110.0
      My Computer

2. Posts : 5,024
    Windows 10/11 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.

Hi there.

Try going under Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
    Right click on Office 2019 and select Repair.

See if that works.

My Computer

3. Posts : 99
    Windows 10 Home Version 22H2

Compumind said:
    Hi there.

Try going under Control Panel -> Programs and Features.
    Right click on Office 2019 and select Repair.

See if that works.

Thanks. Interestingly, Office 2019 (or any reference to Word, Excel, etc.) does not appear in Control Panel -> Programs and Features. I do see Office in Settings -> Apps. From Apps, I can click on Office, Advanced options, then Repair. Which I did, but it made no difference to the jump list behavior as far as being able to 'Remove from this list'.
    Last edited by retexan599; 20 May 2022 at 17:15.
      My Computer