Transferring Outlook 2013 accounts, files, .pst, etc to new computer

1. Posts : 101
    Win 10 Pro

Transferring Outlook 2013 accounts, files, .pst, etc to new computer

Hi,

I am about to install Win 10 Pro 64-bit on a computer and then install Outlook 2013 on it -- and then I want to transfer all my Outlook 2013 email accounts from a different computer to this new one. What are the steps involved? Is it as simple as copying the .pst files from one computer and pasting them into another? Thanks.
      My Computer

2. Posts : 9,777
    Mac OS Catalina
      My Computer

3. Posts : 101
    Win 10 Pro

thanks.

and can outlook 2013 accounts, .pst files, etc, be easily, successfully imported into Outlook 2019?
      My Computer

4. Posts : 9,777
    Mac OS Catalina

NeedUpgradeHelp said:
    thanks.

and can outlook 2013 accounts, .pst files, etc, be easily, successfully imported into Outlook 2019?
    See post #2.
      My Computer

5. Posts : 101
    Win 10 Pro

Thanks for the help

Sorry to be so slow, but I am having a bit of difficulty figuring out what to do when I read various articles. What I need is clear, step-by-step instructions.

This is what i have done so far:
    --I have backed up all .pst files from my old installation of Outlook 2013 onto an external hard drive.
    --Then I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10.
    --Now I am trying to re-set up my email accounts in Outlook 2013 on my new computer.
    --What i did was to copy my saved .pst files and pasted them into the Outlook data folder upgraded Win 10 computer.
    --When I opened Outlook 2013, nothing appeared in the inbox.
    --So I went into account settings and then into data files and clicked on add and then was able to, one-by-one, add my .pst files to the list.
    --Then when I went back to the inbox, i saw all my emails and accounts. But even though all my emails are visible, I cannot receive or send emails because the actual accounts have not been set up yet. I had thought that importing the .pst files would have automatically set up the accounts, but that is not true.

Question #1: Do I need to manually re-set up the accounts?
    Question #2: When I do this, will the accounts automatically connect to the .pst files?
    Question #3: And did I do this in the correct order? Or should I have manually set up the accounts first so that .pst files would have been established in the Outlook data folder, and then closed Outlook and replaced the newly created .pst files with the .pst files that I have saved from the external hard drive?

I hope this makes sense...

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind -- I resolved the issue.
      My Computer

6. Posts : 37
    WINDOWS 10 PRO X64

How did you resolve the issue? I am having the same problem as you. After upgrading my buddies pc that had Windows7 and now Win10.The office ver before was Office 2010 Pro.I saved the.pst file in a backup before the upgrade to windows 10.After 10 was installed and Office 2019 with it I imported the .pst backup file into office 2019 but now it has the same problem and shows at the bottom its not sending and receiving. I sure would like to know what you did to fix this. It’s driving me bonkers in trying to figure this out...Lol
      My Computer

7. Posts : 101
    Win 10 Pro

NIK1 said:
    How did you resolve the issue? I am having the same problem as you. After upgrading my buddies pc that had Windows7 and now Win10.The office ver before was Office 2010 Pro.I saved the.pst file in a backup before the upgrade to windows 10.After 10 was installed and Office 2019 with it I imported the .pst backup file into office 2019 but now it has the same problem and shows at the bottom its not sending and receiving. I sure would like to know what you did to fix this. It’s driving me bonkers in trying to figure this out...Lol
    Well, my situation is a little different. I saved the .pst files from Outlook 2013 on my Win 7 computer and pasted them into Outlook 2013 on another computer, which has Win 10 (I'm not sure how going from 2010 to 2019 would work). But I discovered that I had to manually re-set up each account in order to receive and send email in Outlook. And there is a place in the set-up for each account (in Outlook 2013) where you can choose to create a new .pst file or choose an existing .pst file. And that is where I chose the already-existing .pst file (associated with that account) that I had pasted into the Outlook data folder.
      My Computer

8. Posts : 37
    WINDOWS 10 PRO X64

Ok..Thanks..I will start a thread on my ordeal and see if anyone knows the correct procedure in doing it..
      My Computer