Can I run Office 365 Personal on 2 computers temporarily?

1. Posts : 33
    Windows 10 Professional

Can I run Office 365 Personal on 2 computers temporarily?

I'm in the process of setting up a new PC, but my old PC is still alive and running Office 365 Personal. I want to install Office on the new computer and get it configured before I stop using it on my old computer. Will I have a problem doing that? Can I enter any keys or activate Office on the new computer before I stop using Office on the old computer? I can probably make the complete switch and disable Office on the old computer within 24 hours, but I can't be positive.

Thanks,

Jim
      My Computer

2. Posts : 17,661
    Windows 10 Pro

No problems, you can continue using Office 365 on old computer, and in addition install and use it on as many other computers as you want to.

Microsoft has changed O365 Home and O365 Personal device limits, or rather completely removed them. Since October 2th 2018, you can now install O365 Home and O365 Personal on as many devices you want to, but maximum 5 of those devices can be online at the same time.

More information.

Kari
      My Computer

3. Posts : 33
    Windows 10 Professional

Thanks Kari. I got your message too late though. I just barreled through it and, after 20 hours of off and on installation of hardware and software, I'm nearly done setting up the new computer. Everything has gone pretty smooth... except a couple stumbles setting up Outlook so I have all my original mail, appointments and contacts. It's done now, so I can finish with a few more software installs and updates. Thanks.
      My Computer