After recent updates Word 2016 opens in half windows

1. Posts : 66
    windows 10 professional

After recent updates Word 2016 opens in half windows

For the last few weeks Word 2016 opens in a small window on my 24" monitor. Even if I save a document in full window the program reopens in the smaller window.

This has happened since the last two Office 2016 updates. The program is "up to date."

Any clues??

Thanks very much.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2.    #2

I'm not sure what you mean by "half window". Could you post a screenshot of that.

If it's the window itself....you could just hit the square next to the X to force it to a full size.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint

Could also be the update changed the screen resolution, might check that.

I've had success with such an issue in past versions of Windows by holding down the Ctrl key while closing a window, usually reopens as when closed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Related Threads
If you do Ctrl+K in Microsoft Word 2016 you get an Insert Hyperlink dialog box. There are 3 tabs to get sources for hyperlinks. These are Current Folder, Browsed Pages, and Recent Files. Current Folder shows the files in the current folder. ...
Word 2016 is not using the up to date word document. When I go to save after opening up a brand new word doc. It tells me it will be updated to the latest word doc. I am using Office 2016 Pro on Windows 10 64bit HP laptop. Any advice would be...
Word document opens in gibberish in Software and Apps
I am using Word 2007. A few of the documents I transferred from my old computer have opened in gibberish e.g h8mB RCq,cx*j The method recommended by Msoft...
When I use the left hand side search and click on results other than 'web', a word document is opened! How do I reset the correct app association for this action/file type. Thank you in advance
I have a new Surface Pro 3 with MS Office 10 on it. This is a new machine (2 weeks old.) All Office programs launch properly except Word. When Word is launched (either from a desktop shortcut to the program or by clicking a Word doc) the program...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd