Disable Office ClickTorun forever

1.    15 Mar 2018 #1

Disable Office ClickTorun forever

Dear all,
    I have installed office 365 on our 5 computers that joined to the domain but suddenly OfficeClickTorun start updating and consuming the whole connection.

How to disable OfficeClickTorun.exe please?

Best Regards,
    Last edited by Barman58; 15 Mar 2018 at 03:58.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

2. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home
       15 Mar 2018 #2

If it's a click to run installation, you can disable updates. Open any Office app and click on file and then on account or Office account. You should see a box labeled Office Updates. Click that and choose your updating options. You can go back at a later date and choose to search for updates manually.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

Related Threads
Solved Update Takes Forever in Installation and Upgrade
This is more of a curiosity question, but why does it take hours to update from one build to the next? I'm going from 10041 to 10049 and it's been running for about two-and-a-half hours now. It's currently at 20%. Seems like the update to...
Solved windows 10 forever? in Installation and Upgrade
I've a Dell laptop bought with win 8.1. I recently updated to win 10, but have to go back to win 8.1, since some apps do not run fine. I'll wait some time, until these apps be compatible to win 10. Am I in risk of loosing win 10 licence if I wait...
Solved Gone forever? in General Support
I took very early advantage of the Win10 download and used the resultant iso file to convert my laptop and desktop from win7 to win10. At first things went well and I was very impressed with the new edition of Windows. After a period of about two...
CD/DVD read taking forever in Drivers and Hardware
Ever since I upgraded to W10, I get this problem wherein if I insert a disk in either of my two optical drivers, it would take Windows forever to read them and if I click them before they complete loading, Windows would become unresponsive and...
OfficeClickToRun in Software and Apps
Yesterday I installed Office 2016 and now I have OfficeClickToRun running in the background. What does it do and how can I disable it? Thanks