1.    09 Feb 2017 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 pro

    Windows 10 pro is not in the media creation tool


    so in the media creation tool i dont have Windows 10 pro i only have Windows 10 , Windows 10 home and single use , Windows 10 N .
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Feb 2017 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 25,248
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17040

    Hello Darix, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    The "Windows 10" option includes both the Home and Pro editions. The product key you enter during installation is what determines which edition gets installed.

    Windows 10 ISO Download
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    10 Feb 2017 #3
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello Darix, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    The "Windows 10" option includes both the Home and Pro editions. The product key you enter during installation is what determines which edition gets installed.

    Windows 10 ISO Download
    so when i select windows 10 and reinstall windows during installation there will be a choice if you want home or pro ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    10 Feb 2017 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,395
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by darix456 View Post
    so when i select windows 10 and reinstall windows during installation there will be a choice if you want home or pro ?
    If you have a Windows 8 or 10 Product Key stored in UEFI/BIOS, it will install the version that the product key is for. If not, then it will ask you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    12 Feb 2017 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10 pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    If you have a Windows 8 or 10 Product Key stored in UEFI/BIOS, it will install the version that the product key is for. If not, then it will ask you.
    when it ask me of my product key i put in the key and it will install windows 10 pro , it depends on the product key right ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    12 Feb 2017 #6
    Join Date : May 2015
    Smyrna, TN
    Posts : 299
    Win 10 Pro 64

    Quote Originally Posted by darix456 View Post
    when it ask me of my product key i put in the key and it will install windows 10 pro , it depends on the product key right ?
    That is correct......
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Fresh ReInstall Windows 10 (Media Creation Tool & Refresh Window Tool)
Hi, Install windows 10 and confirm activation as suggested in forums. Downloaded Windows Media Creation Tool to create fresh reinstall. Ran it to create 64 bit ISO. Now using the ISO to reinstall windows 10. At 30% restore, it failed. I tried...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Media Creation Tool for Windows 10.240
Media Creation Tool for Windows 10.240 as the title says, I am looking for the initial MCT. Somehow I deleted mine accidently. Is there by chance someone that still has that one?? I already have the MCT 10586.117 and the newest one 10.14393.0 ...
General Support
Windows 10 media creation tool
Windows 10 media creation tool is still available after the Windows 10 free upgrading program closed? It is very useful to get the right copy of Windows 10 installer. Anyone who are working in Microsoft, please keep this function available all the...
General Support
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT)?
Hi guys, A while back ago, I had downloaded and performed a clean install of Win10 using the MCT. I performed the following command to check which version of Win10 is being installed and it only says the build number and not the version number...
Installation and Upgrade
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
I got bored waiting for my 10 Pro upgrade message so I am using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to play around with installing Windows 10 Pro. I chose the Upgrade Now option instead of creating media. (step 3)...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums