Ever since migrating my slightly aged Lumia 1520 from W8.1 to W10 ( Insider Program ) I'm plagued with Playlist and Playback issues.
Some of the issues in detail:
- After creating a Playlist in the Groove Music App on the Desktop I have it automatically sync to my Phone where some Music in the Playlist would appear as not available on this Device despite this clearly not being the case.
On the Phone I then manually add the missing Tracks to the Playlist which ends up with a duplicate of missing and existing Tracks.
After removing the missing Tracks on the Phone's Playlist the problem then shifts to the PC where the Playlist, now synced back to the Desktop, will show the just removed Tracks as missing like what happened before on the Phone - Interestingly enough, it's ALWAYS the same Tracks.
- Songs not playing to the end - For some reason some Songs just stop playing like halfway through the Song.
Problem is I can't repeat the error... Sometimes Songs play just fine for like 9/10 times and then bam... the 1/10 it stopped halfway and then continues with another Song.
- Playlist not continue playing - Not sure if this is related to the Songs not playing but whenever this happens I have to go into the Music app and manually continue Playback.
These Errors only happen when I move my Phone to W10M, no problems on W8.1M.
Reverting back to W8.1M solves them all.
The Errors also appear to be unrelated to the Hardware as testing it on a brand new 950XL has shown the same problems.
Music Playback on an iPhone 6S is also without Problems.
Tried every possible method in moving Music from PC to the Phone:
- Copy/Pasting using the Windows File Explorer ( won't copy DRM Protected Music )
- Having the Windows Phone Desktop App do the File Transfer ( appears to be discontinued!? )
- Transferring Music from PC to OneDrive and from there to the Phone ( ugh... )
None of these appear to solve the issue.
Any ideas? As it looks like I'm probably stuck with iOS just to be able to listen to music as my Lumia 1520 is about to kick the bucket and all the new Windows Phones only support W10 thus downgrading them isn't an option >_>