Windows 10: Very Annoying Problems After Clean Install of Windows 10

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 4,358
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Jun 2016 #11

    Yes. It will become one "Unallocated Space" as shown in the photo then you have to create "New" before you can proceed with the installation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4,358
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Jun 2016 #12

    When you are done with installation and installing your programs, come back here and we'll show you how to make a image backup if you haven't done so. It's the easiest way to restore your PC when you had issues.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    07 Jun 2016 #13

    badrobot said: View Post
    Yes. It will become one "Unallocated Space" as shown in the photo then you have to create "New" before you can proceed with the installation.

    Ok so the new partition will be the windows ''c''. Also just to confirm that deleting the partitions will completely wipe everything on the ssd
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,358
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Jun 2016 #14

    sw98irl said: View Post
    Ok so the new partition will be the windows ''c''. Also just to confirm that deleting the partitions will completely wipe everything on the ssd
    It will delete all the partitions and its contents. Don't worry about the letter "c". That will be taken care of automatically. Just wipe out that drive (assuming you have all your data backed up), and proceed with the installation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    07 Jun 2016 #15

    badrobot said: View Post
    It will delete all the partitions and its contents. Don't worry about the letter "c". That will be taken care of automatically. Just wipe out that drive (assuming you have all your data backed up), and proceed with the installation.
    Yeah i have all files backed up, so i will just select delete(not format) the partitions to wipe out the drive
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,358
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Jun 2016 #16

    You should be good then. Fire and away!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    07 Jun 2016 #17

    badrobot said: View Post
    You should be good then. Fire and away!

    I have a problem when trying to boot from the dvd, it says ''the selected boot drive failed''. What i done was restatred under advanced settings and choose a device and selected the dvd but no luck
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 4,358
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Jun 2016 #18

    sw98irl said: View Post
    I have a problem when trying to boot from the dvd, it says ''the selected boot drive failed''. What i done was restatred under advanced settings and choose a device and selected the dvd but no luck
    Must be a corrupted DVD installer.
    I am sure you have a USB flashdrive. Try that option using Option 2 on this guide: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...a.html#option2
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    07 Jun 2016 #19

    badrobot said: View Post
    Must be a corrupted DVD installer.
    I am sure you have a USB flashdrive. Try that option using Option 2 on this guide: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...a.html#option2
    Will it wipe everything on the usb stick if i use it
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 4,358
    Win 10 Pro x64
       07 Jun 2016 #20

    sw98irl said: View Post
    Will it wipe everything on the usb stick if i use it
    Oh yeah it will erase everything. You don't have any spare 8GB?
    How did you boot up on DVD?
    Check this out:
    http://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c01443326
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
clean install problems in Installation and Upgrade
Can't get serial number to take, windows7 is activated. When I try windows 10 it says serial number wrong?, product id is bottom of labtop. If I use a serial number program it comes up with different serial?. This is a legal copy of windows 7...
I upgraded from Win 7 pro about a month ago hoping that would cure some problems I had with Win 7. It did not and Win 10 is working poorly too. I would like to do a clean install of Win 10 but not sure if I can get the correct Win 10 install file...
I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 and then performed a clean install of windows 10. I have being having problems with my USB 3.0 ports which were not present in windows 7. Every time I turn on my computer running windows 10 I get an error...
Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and decided to do a clean install afterwards. The install took three days of messing about, trying discs and USB stick method etc. but finally worked only after I disabled the network card in BIOS. Since...
Clean install of 9841 problems in Installation and Upgrade
I was forced to do a clean install of 9841 this morning. Computer started acting crazy using 9879. Actually I think I messed around with it too much. :) Anyhow... Reformatted my hard drive, clean install from USB. Now when I try and install the next...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22.
Find Us