1.    19 Feb 2016 #1
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10

    Windows 10 no sound and start menu


    I have had windows 10 for a while now, but recently the start menu stopt working. The sound suddenly cuts out too. Also youtube videos dont load anymore... A reboot fixes the problem, but it is pretty iritating to have to reboot your pc when you just want to watch a youtube video or any other thing for what you need sound. The problem comes back in a few hours.
    When the start menu does work, it is delayed like 20 seconds.
    I have scanned my pc via cmd, but it didnt find anything.
    Can someone help me?

    Right now I am running build 10586.104
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    19 Feb 2016 #2
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,990
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnPotato View Post
    I have had windows 10 for a while now, but recently the start menu stopt working. The sound suddenly cuts out too. Also youtube videos dont load anymore... A reboot fixes the problem, but it is pretty iritating to have to reboot your pc when you just want to watch a youtube video or any other thing for what you need sound. The problem comes back in a few hours.
    When the start menu does work, it is delayed like 20 seconds.
    I have scanned my pc via cmd, but it didnt find anything.
    Can someone help me?

    Right now I am running build 10586.104
    Hi CapnPotato and welcome to Tenforums.

    This seems to be a popular problem for some machines. There's a good read over at this thread with some solutions that have worked for a few people.
    Taskbar/Start button not working! - Windows 10 Forums

    Unfortunately, there's no one fix, and many of us are waiting on MS.

    One of the latest resolutions is to disable IE in Windows Features; worked for one person (I haven't tried it yet).

    Sorry I can't be of more help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    20 Feb 2016 #3
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Hi CapnPotato and welcome to Tenforums.

    This seems to be a popular problem for some machines. There's a good read over at this thread with some solutions that have worked for a few people.
    Taskbar/Start button not working! - Windows 10 Forums

    Unfortunately, there's no one fix, and many of us are waiting on MS.

    One of the latest resolutions is to disable IE in Windows Features; worked for one person (I haven't tried it yet).

    Sorry I can't be of more help.
    I had already tried most of the solutions in the thread, but they didnt work.
    I never tried the IE thing before, and i think it worked!
    I did that five hours ago, and have been using (gaming) my laptop since and the problem hasnt accured anymore!
    Thank you!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    20 Feb 2016 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,990
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnPotato View Post
    I had already tried most of the solutions in the thread, but they didnt work.
    I never tried the IE thing before, and i think it worked!
    I did that five hours ago, and have been using (gaming) my laptop since and the problem hasnt accured anymore!
    Thank you!
    Amazing! I hope that is it!

    Would you please also post in that other thread, so people know we now have 2 situations where this has resolved the problem?
    Thanks! I'll be trying it myself very soon!

    EDIT: After you're sure the problem doesn't come back, please mark this thread as solved.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    20 Feb 2016 #5
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by simrick View Post
    Amazing! I hope that is it!

    Would you please also post in that other thread, so people know we now have 2 situations where this has resolved the problem?
    Thanks! I'll be trying it myself very soon!

    EDIT: After you're sure the problem doesn't come back, please mark this thread as solved.
    Ok I will!

    After comming back from sleep the start menu is delayed a little, but thats no issue and probably has nothing to do with the bug, just with the amount of programs I have running...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    20 Feb 2016 #6
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 12,990
    W10Prox64

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnPotato View Post
    Ok I will!

    After comming back from sleep the start menu is delayed a little, but thats no issue and probably has nothing to do with the bug, just with the amount of programs I have running...
    Cheers! And thanks for posting in the other thread as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Sound, Start Menu and Cortana stopped working
Now, for some odd reason, on my computer, the sound, start menu and cortana stopped working and I can't even get past the sign in menu without it telling me to sign out so they can "fix" this problem which I've done 3 times now so I have no clue if...
General Support
Explorer/Start menu/Task bar/Sound service problem
I've been experiencing problems with start menu. It won't load if I click. When it happens, it's the same problem with the task bar. Sometimes it's okay, I'm listening to a song and then the problem begins: sound stops, youtube crashes and won't...
Performance & Maintenance
Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore
I am using Windows 10 for around 2 days now. But today my computer freezed while playing a game, so i restarted my computer and when i logged in, the start menu,notification menu and metro apps would not open anymore. Whats is happening?
General Support
Solved Windows 10 start up sound
Windows 10 Pro play sound at startup is checked but the select a sound option is grayed out
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums