Windows 10: why this picture in this folder Windows\Notifications\wpnidm?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    28 Dec 2017 #1

    why this picture in this folder Windows\Notifications\wpnidm?


    hi
    using xyplorer free version i have found tons of photos here
    C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm

    i have delete them all
    frome where do they come?
    can i stop to fill this folder of image files?
    thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    28 Dec 2017 #2

    Others have asked: research => See e.g.
    Query about files located in - Microsoft Community

    I have thousands of JPG files in my . Is it safe to

    How many pictures/folder size is your \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm directory? Windows 10 downloaded 3500 pictures and didn't clean itself up. : Windows10

    My whole Notifications folder is a bit over 2Mb, so I'm not worried.

    Note those images appear related to a database, so simply deleting the images may not be wise.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    28 Dec 2017 #3

    "Note those images appear related to a database, so simply deleting the images may not be wise."

    I have about 300 in mine but I recognize half of them as coming from my NFL Store app live tile.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 6,993
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       28 Dec 2017 #4

    mrgeek said: View Post
    I have about 300 in mine but I recognize half of them as coming from my NFL Store app live tile.
    I have 75 in mine, and all of them are at least 10 months old. Theses are the images used for the live tiles on Start. I normally have all my live tiles turned off, but as a test I've just turned on live tile for News. Sure enough, three new images appeared in my %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm folder, each of which are shown in the News live tile.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 6,993
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       28 Dec 2017 #5

    drugo said: View Post
    can i stop to fill this folder of image files?
    Yes. Turn off Live Tile for every app's tile on Start.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    28 Dec 2017 #6

    "Yes. Turn off Live Tile for every app's tile on Start."

    I think this should solve the Mystery.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 958
    Windows 10 Professional
       28 Dec 2017 #7

    I use Classic Shell. So I looked in that folder and saw only 6 pictures or so.

    YET the following is an alternate, advanced option, that is probably not recommended (in a scenario like this) if you use the Windows 10 Start:
    • Blocking that folder's permissions from any account to write to it, and only enabling your account name to "Read" whatever is in that folder. This implies that the computer, or even yourself, are not allowed to create any files in that folder. Yet, when you double click on the folder, you can still open it and see what's in there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	169894
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    28 Dec 2017 #8

    dalchina said: View Post
    Others have asked: research => See e.g.
    Query about files located in - Microsoft Community

    I have thousands of JPG files in my . Is it safe to

    How many pictures/folder size is your \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm directory? Windows 10 downloaded 3500 pictures and didn't clean itself up. : Windows10

    My whole Notifications folder is a bit over 2Mb, so I'm not worried.

    Note those images appear related to a database, so simply deleting the images may not be wise.
    mrgeek said: View Post
    "Note those images appear related to a database, so simply deleting the images may not be wise."

    I have about 300 in mine but I recognize half of them as coming from my NFL Store app live tile.
    Bree said: View Post
    I have 75 in mine, and all of them are at least 10 months old. Theses are the images used for the live tiles on Start. I normally have all my live tiles turned off, but as a test I've just turned on live tile for News. Sure enough, three new images appeared in my %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm folder, each of which are shown in the News live tile.
    hi
    first thank to you all , i tried to search for it , but i tried to search in my native language withou luck
    i tried in english too
    i have deleted them all , i guess they were 500 or more
    hope the did not create a problem ,does somebody know if it dangerous deleting them, i know i did it
    but i have an image of 2 weeks ago


    Bree said: View Post
    Yes. Turn off Live Tile for every app's tile on Start.
    [QUOTE=mrgeek;1248381]"Yes. Turn off Live Tile for every app's tile on Start."
    hi Bree & mrgeek
    i have to find out how disable them all
    but in the guide Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials , I should disable one for one
    thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 6,993
    10 Home x64 (1803) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       28 Dec 2017 #9

    drugo said: View Post
    ..i tried to search for it , but i tried to search in my native language without luck...
    Try this tutorial for turning off Live Tiles. The pictures should help you...

    Turn On or Off Live Tiles for Apps on Start in Windows 10
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    28 Dec 2017 #10

    pepanee said: View Post
    I use Classic Shell. So I looked in that folder and saw only 6 pictures or so.

    YET the following is an alternate, advanced option, that is probably not recommended (in a scenario like this) if you use the Windows 10 Start:
    • Blocking that folder's permissions from any account to write to it, and only enabling your account name to "Read" whatever is in that folder. This implies that the computer, or even yourself, are not allowed to create any files in that folder. Yet, when you double click on the folder, you can still open it and see what's in there.
    hi
    it's a good idea , could i try it
    by the way nice desktop!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Hello everyone, I have Windows10 operation system and Microsoft Edge as internet browser. I encountered "C:/Users/*/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Notifications/wpnidm" folder in my PC. There are thousands of images in it. None of the images...
    Customization Change Folder Picture in Windows 10 in Tutorials
    How to Change a Folder Picture in Windows 10 By default, you will see a thumbnail preview of the contents of a folder on the folder's icon. If you like, you can choose any .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .tif, .tiff, .bmp, .ico, .wmf, .dib, .jfif,...
    Hi, Two days ago I woke up to this problem, my icon pictures are gone and I can't access properties when I right click anything. So, night before everything was fine, PC went to sleep mode, next morning i get up wake PC from sleep mode and the...
    Picture folder loading times very bad in Performance & Maintenance
    im also having trouble with my sorting of my picture folder that has 4068 pictures in it, it always takes awfully long time for it to load all the pictures in the folder even though it's on my ssd, didn't have this on win7 irritating... sometimes...
    What's wrong with this PC when using Windows 10? This is happens when I'm fresh boot like Shut Down & turn on again/restart the PC. Documents, Picture, Music, & all of them! They keep revert back to without my name & access it to Full Control!...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:45.
    Find Us