1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Aug 2015 #1

    Mouse Setting Anomalies


    ​Being a lefty, I reverse the buttons on my mouse, and use it on the left side of the keyboard. The mouse, BTW, is a wireless MS 3500 series. Intermittently upon boot up, the mouse responds to right handed commands, even though in Control Panel it is still set to my lefty config. The scroll wheel speed also reverts to a default fast (although in settings it's still set to where I have it). Changing the settings slightly, applying and rechecking shows it goes back to my preferences.

    Acts as if upon boot it randomly is not loading mouse settings?

    Wireless mouse drivers are indeed current.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 20,839
    Tower: W8.1; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       30 Aug 2015 #2

    Hi there. Is there a program called Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse installed? If so, you may want to check those settings.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Aug 2015 #3

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Hi there. Is there a program called Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse installed? If so, you may want to check those settings.
    Trying that program on my desktop (I am reporting the glitch on my laptop, the only system I am running Win 10 Pro), I did not like it at all; so no, I am not using the MS Keyboard and Mouse program. The laptop uses the Intellimouse software for the 3500.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 20,839
    Tower: W8.1; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       30 Aug 2015 #4

    Rivergoat said: View Post
    Trying that program on my desktop (I am reporting the glitch on my laptop, the only system I am running Win 10 Pro), I did not like it at all; so no, I am not using the MS Keyboard and Mouse program. The laptop uses the Intellimouse software for the 3500.
    I take it then you uninstalled the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and installed IntelliPoint? I know 10 wants to install Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, for I have a MS Arc mouse.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Aug 2015 #5

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    I take it then you uninstalled the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and installed IntelliPoint? I know 10 wants to install Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, for I have a MS Arc mouse.
    I did the upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro without Mouse/Keyboard installed. Win10 did not appear to (or want to) install Mouse and Keyboard Center. And if so, I block any attempts at that. After I tried M/K Center on the desktop, I went to every effor to remove it, return Windows a the default mouse settings, then reinstalled the Intellipoint....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 20,839
    Tower: W8.1; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       30 Aug 2015 #6

    Rivergoat said: View Post
    I did the upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro without Mouse/Keyboard installed. Win10 did not appear to (or want to) install Mouse and Keyboard Center. And if so, I block any attempts at that. After I tried M/K Center on the desktop, I went to every effor to remove it, return Windows a the default mouse settings, then reinstalled the Intellipoint....
    I take you have "Give me updates for other products" unchecked in Windows Update then?

    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center combined IntelliType with IntelliPoint.

    Does your IntelliPoint version match your mouse? Here's an article on it. IntelliPoint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Aug 2015 #7

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    I take you have "Give me updates for other products" unchecked in Windows Update then?

    Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center combined IntelliType with IntelliPoint.

    Does your IntelliPoint version match your mouse? Here's an article on it. IntelliPoint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Yep. Software matches mouse. Box is also unchecked....
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 20,839
    Tower: W8.1; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       30 Aug 2015 #8

    Rivergoat said: View Post
    Yep. Software matches mouse. Box is also unchecked....
    Hmm. The driver seems to be ok, but the only other thing I can think of is open Device Manager > Double click on the mouse > Driver tab > Automatically look for driver online.

    This is a recent upgrade to RTM build 10240, yes? If so, I'd give it a few days to see if this works itself out. A PITA I know. If not, you may have to fresh install. Upgrades aren't known to be the best.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Aug 2015 #9

    Not the current RTM version, but the newest Insider Preview; there may be issues with that, as I guess we can call it a beta. Version 10532 is presently running.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
BSOD After Setting Everything Up
Got the upgrade directly from MS and went through the long, slow process of upgrading my Windows 7 laptop....took hours. I brought it to a friend to give it to him and set up his MS account, email and Cortana settings. Then...Bam! A looping BSOD....
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
cannot setting 3 monitor
I installed Win 10 and install amd driver 15.7.1. after install, I could not open or find ccc and I can not multi-monitor setting (I use 3 monitors). my computer spec, amd fx8150 , asus v srosshair, ram corsair dominator, vga HD 7950 crossfire. help...
Graphic Cards
Solved MS Keyboard and Mouse driver not working for left handed mouse
I use left handed mouse, and swapping left / buttons works OK. I also set the wheel button to be "double click". But the wheel button brings up the context menu instead of double click. If I change to right hand mouse, the wheel button gives double...
General Support
Power Setting
Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the battery button. Now, I can go into the settings but I'm not sure if its actually changing the plan....
General Support
Solved USB Mouse bonkers in 9879 in VM. PS/2 Mouse OK !!!!
Hi there "Back to the future". Bog standard Ms USB mouse doesn't work properly in W10 build 9879 VM after latest Windows updates applied (Ok on earlier releases). VMware tools etc all installed -- no difference. The Toolbar only works when the...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums