Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 30
    Windows 10
       #11

    I will continue to use IE or Firefox until they fix this issue.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 36
    Window 10
       #12

    MaestroLM said:
    My question pretty well describes it: I've imported my favorites from Chrome, but: they're in reverse order. Which wouldn't be much of a problem but for the fact that I have a large number of favorites.

    I've looked around quite a bit but have yet to discover if there's any sort of favorites management. Anyone? Help?!
    This feature doesn't currently exist, but the folks in the Windows Insider program have been testing a version of Edge that does support sorting. This feature is expected to appear in July with the Anniversary Update to Windows 10.

    Meanwhile, you can use a 3rd-party application called EdgeManage to sort your favorites (no waiting!)

    http://www.emmet-gray.com/Articles/EdgeManage.html
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #13

    @egray Interesting.. I so far have not seen any feature in the insider build of Edge that allows sorting. Which build is this supported in??
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 36
    Window 10
       #14

    BunnyJ said:
    @egray Interesting.. I so far have not seen any feature in the insider build of Edge that allows sorting. Which build is this supported in??
    I'm exactly sure when... but I believe it was around 14295 (about 4 builds ago). First, the menu item appeared (but didn't do anything)... and then the next build, the menu actually works.

    However, for some reason, the sorting is not replicated to other devices. I can't tell if this behavior is by design or not...
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #15

    I'm using the latest insider build(14342) PC and I don't see any sort feature., They might be developing it but it's not there yet from what I can tell.

    But I like your tool.. good work!

    Jeff
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 36
    Window 10
       #16

    BunnyJ said:
    I'm using the latest insider build(14342) PC and I don't see any sort feature., They might be developing it but it's not there yet from what I can tell.
    Strange... just expose the favorites pane the normal way, do a right click on a favorite or folder and there will be a context-menu that includes "Sort by name".

    Note: This does not work by right-clicking a favorite directly in the Favorites Bar... but does when you perform that action on items in the "Favorites Bar" folder (from the fly-out "pane").
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #17

    Can you supply some screen shots please??
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 36
    Window 10
       #18

    BunnyJ said:
    Can you supply some screen shots please??
    Okey Dokey... just do a "right click" on a favorite or folder, and TADA... the following context menu pops up

    Is it possible to re-order favorites in EDGE?-sort.png
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #19

    Thanks.. I didn't notice that before.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1
    win 10 64bit
       #20

    MaestroLM said:
    My question pretty well describes it: I've imported my favorites from Chrome, but: they're in reverse order. Which wouldn't be much of a problem but for the fact that I have a large number of favorites.

    I've looked around quite a bit but have yet to discover if there's any sort of favorites management. Anyone? Help?!
    Hello Folks, I found a way to do a simple sort of 'imported' favourites. RIGHT click on the 'Imported from Internet Explorer' banner in the hub favourites drop down, then hit 'Sort by name'. Folders are now on top (listed A to Z) as well as 'loose' fav's.
    Like most comments on the site, I'm willing to give Edge a go but MS don't make it easy to move over.

    Hope this is of help. Regards, Fezwick of Oz
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:24.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums