Windows 10: MS Edge .. Should i Switch?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    03 Apr 2018 #11

    I've decided to run Edge as my main Browser.. because Chrome is playing nasty again they scan all your files on your PC with there nasty chrome clean up tool, and they send everything back to Google even if you opt-out (I think)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 525
    Win 10 Home Build 1803, 17133.1,64bit
       03 Apr 2018 #12

    Ph0werd said: View Post
    I've decided to run Edge as my main Browser.. because Chrome is playing nasty again they scan all your files on your PC with there nasty chrome clean up tool, and they send everything back to Google even if you opt-out (I think)


    Doesn't the Chrome Clean Up Tool have to be downloaded and activated ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    03 Apr 2018 #13

    torre said: View Post
    Doesn't the Chrome Clean Up Tool have to be downloaded and activated ?
    Nope, they have built it in into Chrome.. and they scan your documents, settings, processes of your pc and other things twice a week.. the scan takes 2-10 minutes to complete.. :/ but i dont trust it, this is a new way for Google to collect your data, and they will benefit from it.. so Google can make big moneys again .... i dont trust it
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    04 Apr 2018 #14

    Hi there
    the only thing I use Edge for is that it has a built in ADOBE pdf reader and that's all I use it for.

    I use Firefox or IE 11 the rest of the time -- IE11 for SKY GO etc and I prefer menus -- why do people insist on making new apps all menu less and looking more and more like mobile phone apps --if you have a few decent size screens running desktop type applications concurrently you don't want applications that look and behave as if they are mainly designed for running on a 6 inch mobile phone screen !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    04 Apr 2018 #15

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there
    the only thing I use Edge for is that it has a built in ADOBE pdf reader and that's all I use it for.

    I use Firefox or IE 11 the rest of the time -- IE11 for SKY GO etc and I prefer menus -- why do people insist on making new apps all menu less and looking more and more like mobile phone apps --if you have a few decent size screens running desktop type applications concurrently you don't want applications that look and behave as if they are mainly designed for running on a 6 inch mobile phone screen !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    We are in the future, almost.. things are changing just accept it, we can't stick to Windows 7 with the garbage look of it, and normal apps.....
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
How do you make Edge display the contents of a new tab that you have downloaded by right clicking link? The tab is there after the right click but do I have to click on the tab, or can I set it to open automatically, if so How?
This question is more to confirm I haven't overlooked anything. I've been looking through the settings for the option to switch to the new tab when opened. This feature exists in IE and Chrome has an extension for it, but I'm not seeing it in Edge. ...
When you open a new tab, either by clicking with the middle mouse button, CTRL + clicking the link or right-clicking link > Open in New Tab, how do you automatically switch to that new tab when you do this, like you could in Internet Explorer? ...
In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle through each tab or use the most recent order. The latter is the one I have always used as it fits my...
In previous versions of Windows and IE, you could change the order of tabs you switch to when using Ctrl + Tab. The 2 choices were to just cycle through each tab or use the most recent order. The latter is the one I have always used as it fits my...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28.
Find Us