Windows 10: after upgrade windows 10 cannot activate Error code: 0xC004F034 Solved

View Poll Results: can u activate windows 10?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    25 52.08%
  • No

    23 47.92%
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       29 Jul 2015 #111

    Agreed the servers are rammed atm, it took me about 3 hours to activate my upgrade but it worked eventually. I upgraded with the media creation tool as-well as the GWX update didn't want to function. Doing a clean install tomorrow as the windows backups size is 22GB!! on my SSD lol.

    Be patient,

    Dan.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 69
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Linux
       29 Jul 2015 #112

    Server issue. GWX is a marketing thing, it cannot stop a legit key upgrading. Mediacreationtool is fine. Panic over lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 57
    WinXp; Win7 Pro; Win10 Pro
       29 Jul 2015 #113

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    It's the servers and not a bug. I had the issue this morning and I waited.. tried again and it worked. And using the script that was listed here makes matters worse by overloading the servers more.
    What is probably happening then is that the first installation, which is the upgrade, uses the existing on computer verification that the original OS was properly activated, and it then just proceeds.

    At some point in the process, probably near the end, it then sends the info that the upgrade was done to the activation servers to update the database, but that either fails due to overloaded tcp/ip connections, or otherwise lags getting inserted into the database.

    Then some period of time later the activation update is finally inserted into the database and from that point forward you can "activate" your fresh install copy.

    Wish there was some read only newsfeed from MS indicating for sure what issues they are having due to loading.. ..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    29 Jul 2015 #114

    iBawbag said: View Post
    Server issue. GWX is a marketing thing, it cannot stop a legit key upgrading. Mediacreationtool is fine. Panic over lol

    Took me 15 Clicks to activate all is well
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Jul 2015 #115

    Windowz10 said: View Post
    What is probably happening then is that the first installation, which is the upgrade, uses the existing on computer verification that the original OS was properly activated, and it then just proceeds.

    At some point in the process, probably near the end, it then sends the info that the upgrade was done to the activation servers to update the database, but that either fails due to overloaded tcp/ip connections, or otherwise lags getting inserted into the database.

    Then some period of time later the activation update is finally inserted into the database and from that point forward you can "activate" your fresh install copy.

    Wish there was some read only newsfeed from MS indicating for sure what issues they are having due to loading.. ..
    I agree... MS should supply some information about issues like this so we know what's going on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 69
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Linux
       29 Jul 2015 #116

    Took me nearly 3 years to move from Win 7 to 8.1 then I found Start8..If only they'd listened....actually loving Win 10. First time I`ve ever upgraded/installed on day one. Good overclock and 2 SSD's = rapid.

    Haswell 4670K @ 4.6Ghz
    Cruciall Ballistix VLP 1600Mhz @ 2133Mhz
    MSI Z87 (UEFI & Fast boot just works)
    Plextor M6S & Crucial M100
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 57
    WinXp; Win7 Pro; Win10 Pro
       29 Jul 2015 #117

    BunnyJ since it's very likely you and several others here are going to be around active in the forum more than I, some thing to keep in mind:

    Last summer/early fall when Apple released an OS update, the demand wave to pull the update actually crashed several major internet nodes around North America. The Peering ISPs that ran the nodes all reported that they were overwhelmed with the demand in such a short period of time. They eventually were able to split up routes in many directions to shift the congestion to multiple less congested nodes, but it was bad for about 12+ hrs.

    And that update was way smaller than this one in terms of physical download size, and the number of people attempting to do the updates far less.

    (You don't have to wait for the in-os prompt to start downloading, the ISO to DVD or USB approach by passes that throttling)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    29 Jul 2015 #118

    Windowz10 said: View Post
    BunnyJ since it's very likely you and several others here are going to be around active in the forum more than I, some thing to keep in mind:

    Last summer/early fall when Apple released an OS update, the demand wave to pull the update actually crashed several major internet nodes around North America. The Peering ISPs that ran the nodes all reported that they were overwhelmed with the demand in such a short period of time. They eventually were able to split up routes in many directions to shift the congestion to multiple less congested nodes, but it was bad for about 12+ hrs.

    And that update was way smaller than this one in terms of physical download size, and the number of people attempting to do the updates far less.

    (You don't have to wait for the in-os prompt to start downloading, the ISO to DVD or USB approach by passes that throttling)
    This morning I used this method to force the download/upgrade from 8.1 to 10:
    How to Force Download Windows 10 for PC or Tablet

    After in about 3 hours I was able to activate ... overall not that bad really.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 69
    Windows 10 Pro x64, Linux
       29 Jul 2015 #119

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    This morning I used this method to force the download/upgrade from 8.1 to 10:
    How to Force Download Windows 10 for PC or Tablet

    After in about 3 hours I was able to activate ... overall not that bad really.
    That actually only worked if $WINDOWS.~BT was already downloaded in background. It was time stamped.

    www.microsoft.com\en-gb\software-download\windows10 is best.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 57
    WinXp; Win7 Pro; Win10 Pro
       29 Jul 2015 #120

    Yeah, but for the average bunny they will think they did something wrong.

    Btw every time I see your banner/avatar I am reminded of the 30second animated movie: Bambi meets Godzilla.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Windows 10 Error code 0xc1900101-0x30018 in Installation and Upgrade
Upgrading a Windows 8.1 installation and it stuck at getting devices ready at 2%. No BSOD. Has to be specific to 8.1 as I have already installed 10 on a clean partition with no issues on this machine. All drivers up to date. Did try removing Avast....
Windows Update gives error code 0x80070057 in Windows Updates and Activation
I have upgraded to build 9926. My update history now shows 'No, updates have been installed yet.' When I run Windows Update I get error code 0x80070057 Is there a way to get the updates to work?
I did a preload of the Win10 files on three PCs (via cmd prompt and do a "wuauclt /updatenow". It ran through to 100% and afterwards went into "Preparing ...": 26417 But it broke after a long time with something like couldnt install at...
Hello, every time I cold boot or restart windows I get an error code 10 on Broadcom 802.11n Network Adaptor in Device Manager. I'm forced to disable and then re-enable the Network Adapter. I have resetted my BIOS back to default settings as I...
Error code: 0xC004C003 in Installation and Upgrade
I recently did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 preview and now I am getting this error Error code: 0xC004C003 Windows is saying that I need to activate it but I do not see how.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53.
Find Us