Can we or should we delay October 17th Fall Update?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,724
    Win 10 Pro 21359.1
       #11

    Bree said:
    Fall Creators Update won't become CBB until, at the earliest, the next Features Update is released. So, yes - you can wait. :)
    The AU is good till 2023 so I would think the CU would be good till some time after that.
      My Computer

  2. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,013
    Windows10
       #12

    In the end, make an image backup, upgrade and try it.

    The way Windows 10 is run as a service now with a new upgrade every six months, waiting for the bugs to be ironed out is largely a pointless thing to do i.e. old bugs get fixed, new ones introduced. Besides where is the fun of living in the past?

    Also, from a security viewpoint, keeping up to date is a good plan.
      My Computer

  3. fireberd's Avatar
    Posts : 2,296
    Win 10 Pro, 20H2
       #13

    I already have much of the fall creator's upgrade as I'm in the Insider Program. The last couple of Insider Win 10 versions have displayed "welcome to the fall creators upgrade" when they first initialize. Nothing is "broke" on my Insider edition which is dual boot (on a separate SSD) with my Win 10 Pro production system. I use my production system for my home recording studio (Cakewalk Sonar) so I keep it fairly "vanilla". I have Cakewalk Sonar installed on the Insider installation, too and it is all working - no problems.
      My Computers


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums